Music Library Revamp! :S - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr.magma View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, yeah that's the thing before I even start to play my tracks I want them all organized and I don't like the way iTunes does it so I'm hoping MP3tag and the other suggestions can help... Does MP3tag change the original file properties so that they show up in iTunes and any other media players or multiple sources (e.g. different computers, anything that plays MP3...) that's basically all I want to do

viceversa - I'll definitely look into converting the tags, that's what I meant that when I update the mp3 file information on my PC under "Properties" and then "Details" and save it, those changes don't show up after when I open the track on iTunes or whatever and it's just the same original info OR all the fields are shown as blank under "Details" and I can't make changes to anything, but when opened in iTunes the artist, name, etc. are there.
    You can right click a song in itunes and select "convert IDtag", that should force the tag to be written. Don't forget to check your files aren't "read only"

Tech Wizard

Alright will do, I knew about that but didn't mess around with it, but will converting the IDtag make a difference to the original file properties? That's my main concern I don't want to make changes to file names, cover art etc. all through iTunes because that doesn't seem to affect the original file properties, so making all those changes just on iTunes would be a waste, which is why I want the source file to have all the correct info from the beginning and trying to do

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr.magma View Post
    Alright will do, I knew about that but didn't mess around with it, but will converting the IDtag make a difference to the original file properties? That's my main concern I don't want to make changes to file names, cover art etc. all through iTunes because that doesn't seem to affect the original file properties, so making all those changes just on iTunes would be a waste, which is why I want the source file to have all the correct info from the beginning and trying to do
    it does, try with one file to be certain . Don't forget to check consistency in Traktor too (it will mass update the tags)

youll be so happy when youre done and only need to update the new music that you add to your library.

took me like 10 days, and im really not done. i got lazy and left alot of stuff untagged that didnt need to be (only really tagged alot of what i play out and such -- so alot of obscure stuff got pushed aside)

updating traktor is the bain of my existance tho... cause i add atleast 5 new tracks to my library *that i want to play with* every day.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Wizard

I know I just want to spend a bunch of time organizing everything and getting it all in order, not looking forward to it but it has to be done...

@padi_04 - I downloaded some test MP3 files I saw linked in some other posts which were brand new and I didn't have on my laptop and so I first opened one of them in iTunes and in the properties converted it v2.3 and then changed some track info like the album name, which was the website where the file was from and so that was removed but when I closed iTunes and checked the original file properties the same information was still there, so the changes were just made in iTunes which is not what I want to do, I want to edit the original files to be named correctly when shown on any source. Because when the file opened in iTunes the changes were shown, but I then opeend it on Windows Media Player and it still shows the original info lwith the website in the album name, etc.

So is there any way I can do that, is that what I should use MP3tag and the other programs that have been recommend for or will that not make a difference to the original file as well. Also they should all be converted to v2.3 as recommended by viceversa as well?

Thanks!

Tech Wizard

Also the files weren't "read-only" I checked that as well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12