multi-genre mixing (diff bpms) - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    When I switch gerne of music I either do a brake stop or beatmasher + fade out out going track & scratch or cue/pause 2x or 3x for the first beat the I play the song. TAP (CUE/PAUSE 2x) then TAP (PLAY)
    interesting i will try this
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    there's also a really simple mix... just pick a slower song with a more ambient introduction, drop it over a track that fades out and when the rhythm becomes incomprehensible in the old track the new beat should drop. Just fade it on over.
    yea i do this true, but the tracks i play dont usually lend themselves to this method

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    I can mix one down tomorrow evening. i wont have time today. but i can do a short little demo mix where i do that. (maybe i can squeeze it in at lunch)
    so excited right now

thanks.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

im supposed to be working cheers for all the ideas, some interesting ones, im sure that with a blend of these ideas i should be able to cook up somethng pretty fancy. please if anyone else has some lightbulb share them!

peace!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    yea this is my current method, the only issue is when i slow certain tracks that i wanna use down to much they sound like shit...
    Then dig around for other tracks. Some tracks sound even better sped up. SOme tracks sound better slowed down. Keep in mind I'm not saying to play the faster track at half tempo. Keep it at its regular tempo and just fade in the half-tempo track at the right time. It takes a lot of planning of your sets, but with a little work it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    so you mean literaly drop the track by 50% pitch on the fly? hmmm...
    No, I'm saying have a second track cue'd up at half tempo. They'll match perfectly and with some creative blending/effects it can create a really interesting feeling. Although, I agree with Moniker, that the breath technique is really hard, and if silence can be used right the energy can make the crowd explode
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

One word.... Trip Hop (or chillout, lounge, dub whatever). A lot of different bpm's and you can mix in classics like gorillaz and portishead. If that slow stuff kills the vibe to hard you could look into Tricky or maybe some DJ Shadow or Plump DJ's. It also mixes well into slower dubstep.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quick note, Portishead - Only You is 120 bpm... great track to mix from slower styles into faster straight up dancey stuff... I'm debating on doing an electro mashup of it with something else... hehe
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    I can mix one down tomorrow evening. i wont have time today. but i can do a short little demo mix where i do that. (maybe i can squeeze it in at lunch)
    that would be killa!

Quote Originally Posted by Marsupian View Post
    One word.... Trip Hop (or chillout, lounge, dub whatever). A lot of different bpm's and you can mix in classics like gorillaz and portishead. If that slow stuff kills the vibe to hard you could look into Tricky or maybe some DJ Shadow or Plump DJ's. It also mixes well into slower dubstep.
    i am definately gonna look into the trip hop/hip hop deal cos it might just be that missing link that im lookin for thanks for the artist names thats extra helpful

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Then dig around for other tracks. Some tracks sound even better sped up. SOme tracks sound better slowed down. Keep in mind I'm not saying to play the faster track at half tempo. Keep it at its regular tempo and just fade in the half-tempo track at the right time. It takes a lot of planning of your sets, but with a little work it can be done.
    yea good call i guess thats all that can really be done. im gonna practice like a mofo until i can do it subconsciously, then im in the money

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast