trigger finger replacement.....?
    Tech Wizard

Default trigger finger replacement.....?

hey everybody, need some help finding a decent replacement for the M-Audio Trigger Finger. It seems to be going the way of the buffalo and i cant seem to find a decent one for sale in the UK.

anybody got any ideas what a decent replacement would be? open to any and all ideas. thanks!

akai mpd18 - £85 online
    akai mpd26 - £150 online
    korg padkontrol - £125 online

there's more, but i think a quick google will suffice.
    the mpd's tend to have a more solid feel but the korg is supposed to be very responsive. and the korg has a xy pad! whats your budget? that would give us more of an idea of what you want.

otherwise theres this REALLY cool looking thing called the midifighter

peace
    Mac Mini 2.4ghz Dual Booted OSX 10.6 and XP, TSP2, Numark Mixtrack, iPod Touch with TouchOSC. Gemini XL-500's with a mixer i'm too embarissed to admit!

Check out my easy noob build thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31826

Tech Wizard

budget really isnt an issue on this one, i just want something that i can use for a while and will hold up to my man hands beating on it.

I thought about the midifighter for quite some time, however, i would like to have something that has knobs on it for quickly accessing different FX.

Quote Originally Posted by jringeno View Post
    budget really isnt an issue on this one, i just want something that i can use for a while and will hold up to my man hands beating on it.

I thought about the midifighter for quite some time, however, i would like to have something that has knobs on it for quickly accessing different FX.
    Midi Fighter Pros?

Maschine!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by marc.elektro View Post
    Midi Fighter Pros?
    i agree, if budget isn't an issue, the midi fighter pro would be a good idea; they will be supported to no end, pretty solid - the sanwa buttons will take a beating from your man hands , and obviously it would be sick to have the instant gratification!
    Mac Mini 2.4ghz Dual Booted OSX 10.6 and XP, TSP2, Numark Mixtrack, iPod Touch with TouchOSC. Gemini XL-500's with a mixer i'm too embarissed to admit!

Check out my easy noob build thread:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31826

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Maschine!
    Maschine is a great controller! Take a look at these mappings HERE
    There is also a video dubspot instructor DJ Endo using traktor with the maschine Part 1 Part 2 and 3 should show up in youtube's sidebar. I hope this helps you out a bit. Good luck finding a controller mate .
    SpeakerFreaker | E-MU Xboard 49 | Novation Launchpad | Korg Zero4 | CDJ-400's | Sennheiser HD-25 Adidas Originals | TSP 2 | Mac Pro | Soundcloud