Strange VCI 100 SE platter issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

this used to happen with my spin. i used to just reload the track or touch the other jog and it would come back to full usage.....

dunno if that will help with the vci.. but figured it would be worth it to chime in as i had the same problem on another device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Oh, ta. Might be gunk in the way of the optical sensor

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    this used to happen with my spin. i used to just reload the track or touch the other jog and it would come back to full usage.....

dunno if that will help with the vci.. but figured it would be worth it to chime in as i had the same problem on another device.
    Doubt its this tbh - the system has been unplugged, replugged and rebooted several times since I first spotted this.

Thanks anywho

If the worst comes to it, any one know of somewhere that'll sevice it in the UK, or do DJTechTools provide an equivalent service (if they do it'll be annoying as my wife flew into San Francisco on Saturday, and is current in Orange Country, so she could've taken it with her ...)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

could always buy my vci-100se dude
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    could always buy my vci-100se dude
    /shameless. ( i just plugged your thread to some kid looking for a first set up too lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

AHA!

Just opened it up, tightened all the screws up around the platters (actually needed to go one further than photojojo's video suggested to get at another set of screws which were loose) then spotted the little bugger causing the issue

A wire has been pinched in the case last time I opened her up, and it's broken. Just need to get out the soldering iron and we should be good
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    AHA!

Just opened it up, tightened all the screws up around the platters (actually needed to go one further than photojojo's video suggested to get at another set of screws which were loose) then spotted the little bugger causing the issue

A wire has been pinched in the case last time I opened her up, and it's broken. Just need to get out the soldering iron and we should be good
    Winning
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

So u don't need mine now then ? lol nah glad u sorted it mate :-)
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12