Spin on Traktor using Mac
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Spin on Traktor using Mac

Hello,
    I have this Vestax Spin hooked up with MacBook Pro 2010 Spring with Traktor in it, and it works fine thanks to mapping. But then monitoring or pre-cueing doesnt work... someone else said I should set 1 and 2 for monitoring and 3 and 4 for main output but it doesnt work either... any suggestions?
    I want to be able to monitor each track using a headphone attached to Spin when I press headphone button on Spin, and main output to come out of Mac's speaker itself.

Thanks

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you using the Asio drivers? Master should be 1/2 and monitor should be 3/4. Also check that you've got the mix knob turned so that you can hear the monitor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

No... I thought it would work because it at least lets me do everything else... Should I?

Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Student

Which one should I download? Again, I'm using Spin on Mac...

Well then I should get my head out of my ass and you should not install any of them. Sorry, I just completely missed the Mac part.

Have you turned the mix knob? I looked at some pics of the spin and didn't see an obvious knob for cue mix though. Maybe the one on the front? I would think that would be headphone volume though. You can manually turn it in Traktor though so try that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Student

Everything fully turned on... I guess.

Tech Wizard

Default Vestax Spin with Traktor Monitor Issue

Your monitoring problem might be like the one I had originally. The Spin doesn't have a Monitor Cue/Program knob like the VCI-300. In Traktor Pro or Pro 2 look under the B Deck and you'll see a virtual knob labelled "MIX" with a headphone icon next to it. (The volume control is on the other side of the headphone icon.) To monitor your cueing make sure the "Mix" knob is turned as far as it will go counter-clockwise. That should correct your problem.

Tech Mentor

The guy wants to monitor using his vestax spin and have the main output come out of the mac speakers.

This isn't possible because that would mean traktor would have to use two soundcards which it does not support.

If you want to monitor using the vestax spin the main output has to come out of the spin as well, which means you have to plug speakers into them.

A tricky hack which I do not know if it would work would be to route the main output of the spin into the line in of the macbook pro and then get something to play on the macbook speakers whatever is coming into the line in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    The guy wants to monitor using his vestax spin and have the main output come out of the mac speakers.

This isn't possible because that would mean traktor would have to use two soundcards which it does not support.
    Actually it's really easy to use 2 sound cards with Traktor on a Mac. You just have to create an aggregate device and tell Traktor to use that. Try following the instructions in this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast