buying S4 from the US
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default buying S4 from the US

hi

I'm looking at buying of these and seen there a good bit cheaper in the US. I know theres shipping and customs but has anyone found a way around either?

its priced around 900euros at the moment but its around 650 euro when u do the exchange if i was to buy from the US.

Thoughts?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Erm... where do you live..?

Tech Mentor

Ireland

i'll just leave this here

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25315

after shipping and custom tax you will be paying around 900 € where in Ireland do you live? you could try aquarius sound or order from thomann.de for competitive value

Tech Mentor

cheers for the link!

it doesn't seem worth it really? I suppose you get the DVD but u also have to wait for it arrive which could take a while

i got mine from DJTT because the guy in sounds around couldnt guarantee me one before xmas, so i thought to myself, feck it, ill order from DJTT because if i have to wait i may aswell get the free DVD and save a bit on the over all cost, the custom tax in this country is a complete rip off but i did save a bit.
    and i also got before xmas

but the only way around the tax i see is, if you know someone going over to the states and can get them to pick one up for you. because i dont think even if the item is marked as a gift that the Irish custom feckers will give a damn and will tax you anyways.

[OT] ill a true story...
    i rang sounds around on the 3th of november asking if the had any in stock and the guy said YES they did, but couldnt say if he would have any in stock at the end of the day because he (like everyone else worldwide) was left short on his orders, he ordered 50 but only got 5, i asked could he hold one for me but he said he couldnt as he had got so few S4s. so i said right, ill get in as soon as i can,

so i had to get the train in to the city as im from north county Dublin,
    (im about 35-40 mins on the train away from city)
    and im sure you Irish guys know that sounds around is on capel street,
    well i would normally get off at connolly station and walk trough town to get to capel street, but thought id go one stop further (tara street) as its a little closer (saves a 5 min walk but maybe only 2 mins for a train) anyways i was just out side tara street station and the train stops on the line due to a train failure at the platform and i was stuck on the poxy train for another 20 mins, i wouldnt mind, if i got of at the stop i would normaly get off at i would of walked to the store in 10 mins.

by the time i got to the shop the guy had just sold his last S4, like only 10 mins before hand, i was like WHAT. NO FUCKING WAY AHHGGGHHG, i told him, i was the guy on the phone just not so long ago and i was raging, i was FUCKING GUTTED that i had just missed out on an S4, he even showed me the docket with the time on it to prove he just sold it only moments before hand,
    im telling ya, i was not a happy camper that day, he said if i left a deposit, he would hold one for me, but as i said, he couldnt guarantee this side of xmas or even new years, so i didnt bother, i went home and booked one from DJTT and sat waiting for about a month and boy was it a long month.
    i had also ordered the flight case from DJTT but due to the production issues with the case at launch, djtt canceled that order and just sent me the S4 other wise i could of been waiting till february for the S4 to be shipped with the case

oh and then when i got the S4 i had major driver issues and i was like aaaaaaaaahhh
    i sat up night after night till the early hours trying all sorts of tweeks and stuff to my laptop and nothing worked, then i tried a different soundcard and all was perfect, then
    for some strange reason, now my S4 works perfect on its own, and i aint got a clue what i did or didnt do to make it all work fine, i did all sorts of tests and it was doing my head in for ages, i was cracking up i tell ya, but now its all sweet...

for me it was a very rocky road at the beginning, and i had almost gave up on it
    but with the help off the DJTT forums i was able to pull trough and express my frustration too (winks at Karlos)

if i was in your shoes now, id buy local, at least you get the piece of mind that you can bring it back if you wish or need too.
    i know 900 euro is alot of money. especially in todays times with recession and all, but considering your getting pretty much the top of the range hardware and software and soundcard package with free upgrade to traktor 2
    its a bargain when you compare top of the range CDJs or DVS systems.

just ask yourself one question...
    "is music/djing really my passion?"
    if the answer is YES, then just get it, you wont regret it...
    (its not important if your playing to yourself in a room or a big venue full of people,the fact that YOU enjoy it is)

ps.hell if you lived anywhere near me it let ya call over for a demo...

pps. that wasn't meant to turn into a Essay
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Tech Mentor

you don't live in skerries do ya? lol

anyway by the sounds of it I think buying local is the way to go... interesting how your S4 wouldn't work then suddenly worked, seems strange?!

it sounds like you had a bit of a nightmare situation, I thought it was just "plug and play"?!

Do you use it for gigs?! would you use it for gigs? I'm just curious how reliable they are ya know!

at least you have it now though mate

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Modus Operandi View Post
    i'll just leave this here

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25315

after shipping and custom tax you will be paying around 900 € where in Ireland do you live? you could try aquarius sound or order from thomann.de for competitive value
    I live in Dublin mate.

when u think about it, it makes more sense to buy local. Did you buy yours yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dylanmc111 View Post
    you don't live in skerries do ya? lol

anyway by the sounds of it I think buying local is the way to go... interesting how your S4 wouldn't work then suddenly worked, seems strange?!

it sounds like you had a bit of a nightmare situation, I thought it was just "plug and play"?!

Do you use it for gigs?! would you use it for gigs? I'm just curious how reliable they are ya know!

at least you have it now though mate
    are you also a skerries goat ???
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Tech Mentor

Nah I'm not, I just guessed u were!

I'm in Swords myself man

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast