buying S4 from the US - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by dylanmc111 View Post
    whats the cross fader like on the S4? and all the knobs and bits in general, people are saying there a bit cheap?!
    i really like the crossfader, the sensitivity and feel is just the way i like it, you can use it nice and smooth but also slam it across with out any hassle at all.
    not like some cross faders that can be to loose or have to much friction.
    all the faders and other knobs are very good also, except the gain knobs, there is nothing wrong with the quality on them, its just the fact that there endless rotary and almost everyone DOSE NOT like them but we can live with them easy enough, Id prefare a standard style knob on the gains myself, just for the ease of seeing were you are at a glance, but easily worked around by a quick glance at the software...

regarding the overall build quality, id say its solid,
    it aint as solid as my old Vestax VCI 100 but i aint had any issues with the hardware at all.
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Quote Originally Posted by scott2211 View Post
    Lots of Irish people here! Thought I'd pop in seeing as I live in Kildare.

Bought my S4 straight from NI on the original pre-order. Received it as soon as they were released. No problems with it other than my laptop can be a bit slow. Getting a MacBook next though so all's good

You won't regret getting one
    ah jaysus... not another bleedin lilly white
    haha

Be sure to investigate your local VAT rules and regulations. There are a few countries that charge a very high percentage, but we have sold many many S4's internationally and customers have told me it has saved them anywhere from $100-$400.

Quote Originally Posted by scott2211 View Post
    Lots of Irish people here! Thought I'd pop in seeing as I live in Kildare.

Bought my S4 straight from NI on the original pre-order. Received it as soon as they were released. No problems with it other than my laptop can be a bit slow. Getting a MacBook next though so all's good

You won't regret getting one
    nice wan.. how much was it after tax and p&p? and where in kildare you hailing from?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    i really like the crossfader, the sensitivity and feel is just the way i like it, you can use it nice and smooth but also slam it across with out any hassle at all.
    not like some cross faders that can be to loose or have to much friction.
    all the faders and other knobs are very good also, except the gain knobs, there is nothing wrong with the quality on them, its just the fact that there endless rotary and almost everyone DOSE NOT like them but we can live with them easy enough, Id prefare a standard style knob on the gains myself, just for the ease of seeing were you are at a glance, but easily worked around by a quick glance at the software...

regarding the overall build quality, id say its solid,
    it aint as solid as my old Vestax VCI 100 but i aint had any issues with the hardware at all.
    any chance u cud give me a price breakdown of the S4? shipping, taxes etc

Quote Originally Posted by dylanmc111 View Post
    any chance u cud give me a price breakdown of the S4? shipping, taxes etc
    S4 = 899.99 USD = 645.745 EUR

shipping = 63.90 USD = 45.8454 EUR

total before the VAT customs tax charge
    963.89 USD or 691.5904 EUR
    (these are the US/EURO rates at todays rates-back in november (when i ordered mine) the euro was a little stronger)

that leaves approx 208 euro in change from the standard Irish retail price to pay the VAT custom tax.

also please note
    DJTT had marked the item at 549.00 USD
    and i chose express mail at 80.50 USD
    i payed 119.04 euro tax

bottom line, i saved approx 120 euro i think it was in total.

at todays rates and using the same VAT guide line as mine, you would save approx 90 euro buying from DJTT

but the tax maybe higher if DJTT dont mark down the price of the item.
    (i didnt ask them too, they just did it and im truely gratefull they did - but dont know if thats the way it is normally)

ps.
    if i was buying an S4 today, id just go into town and pick one up as there pretty much in stock in the shops now. id pay that extra for the piece of mind to be able to return it if i had too.

pps.
    if you aint sure about spending your hard earned cash on DJ equipment, then dont...
    if you really have the bug then do,
    if you only think you have the dj bug then buy something cheaper to see if you dig it.
    because if you got it, you would sell your granny to get the gear you wanted

ill finally add...
    because i already have an S4 my opinion maybe biased
    but IMHO the money i spent on the S4 has been money well spent...

hope this helps you in your decision
    Last edited by IrishBlaggard; 03-03-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Tech Mentor

thank u very much for the detailed price breakdown

I put a thread on the buy and sell section of this site and got a reply so gonna see how much I get that S4 for!

how long have u been djing mate? u play any gigs yet? u practice much?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123