Speakers (Bedroom DJ) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I scored a brand new pair of MR5's for $200 last month. They're fantastic for my small space.
    Excellent finding man! Congrats! (BTW how small's your place, 3meters by 3meters by any chance?)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyDonePun View Post
    I have the m-audio av40s which I bought off Amazon. Great value and have RCA outputs in the back--I really like them. You really don't need the power of the bx5a for the bedroom.
    This is right but I have owned av40s and while the sound is decent they caused some fatigue specially with high freqs...

I now have mr8s which may be overkill but I can listen to them the whole day...that said who knows if thew bx5as are smooth?

Tech Student

I was in the same dilemma as you, budget of £200-250 and wanted some decent monitors.

Went into a few music shops, listened to a few and went for the KRK8's They are more than adequate (loud, so loud!) for a bedroom DJ.. Even enough for a 50+ person house party.

They were a bit over budget but I went with the 8's as I didn't want to 'miss out' as somebody previously said in this thread. Glad I did tbh.

..just need a sub now

Quote Originally Posted by dazmanuk View Post
    just need a sub now
    Get the KRK 10s!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

I love my KRK8's and your right about them being loud, even enough to throw a little house party. They might actually be too loud for a small room though as I have to keep the volume pretty low not to blow my ears out lol

Tech Wizard

I agree with these guys, 8's can give you some additional uses when needed but definitely on the edge of the budget or more... I would wait till I have enough for them

I just heard the Reloop ADM5s the other day, and they were awesome as dj booth (active) monitors.

(They were €129,- for a pair)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

I went with the 8's as I didn't want to 'miss out' as somebody previously said in this thread. Glad I did tbh.
    go big or go home.... thats my motto. lol

i want a pair sooo bad. my JBL Creatures are good for being plugged into the laptop but no where near as nice of a sound as i would like now (picked them up a yr or so ago on sale --- needed a set of computer speakers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

sebastiannz

I was in the same dilemma as you, budget of £200-250 and wanted some decent monitors.

Went into a few music shops, listened to a few and went for the KRK8's They are more than adequate (loud, so loud!) for a bedroom DJ.. Even enough for a 50+ person house party.

They were a bit over budget but I went with the 8's as I didn't want to 'miss out' as somebody previously said in this thread. Glad I did tbh.

..just need a sub now
    you gotta get the sub...adds so much to dance music!

Only if you set it correctly and your room allows it to "sound" properly.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast