Ableton Live syncing two midi devices or two signals

Default Ableton Live syncing two midi devices or two signals

I have two midi controllers mapped into one ableton. One is sent to a midi track with the "midi from" set to that specific controller, yet when I push the same note on the other controller, it gets mapped to the wrong one. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

Tech Mentor

Have you tryed to changed the Midi channel on the controllers?? it can normally be found in the global settings of the controller. Set them so they are on different channels(one CC1 and one CC2). Would help if we knew what controllers you are using.
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

As jamthrax said, they're most likely sending on the same channel. Depending on the controller, you might be able to change which channel one of them sends on. Can you upload a screenshot of how you have your MIDI/Sync tab set up in Ableton's preferences?
    The enemy's gate is DOWN.

MacBook Pro | 2.16 Ghz C2D | 120 GB HDD | 3 GB RAM | 250 GB EX HDD
    Mac Pro | 2x2.88 Ghz Quad-Core | 320 GB HDD | 6 GB RAM | 1 TB EX HDD
    Ableton Suite | Akai APC 80 | Torq Xponent

No, after I put the input to a certain controller, both will play on the same channel.

-Here is the long version:
    I am using Traktor pro thru soundflower thru Ableton live. I have part of my vci directed to traktor, but the crossfader to ableton. I have a couple wav files that have audio one shot samples and converted them to midi to be able to quantize. When I touch a job wheel on the vci, it gets sent to all the channels in ableon and the "midi input" doesn't work for the channel...

Another question would be is there anyway to have a one shot sample be able to quanitize and be able to have a one midi controller input to that audio channel? I've used drum racks but needed it quantized. thanks

Tech Wizard

bome midi translator, midipipe, those are great prody.