can you use scratch live with the s4 ?
    Tech Wizard

Default can you use scratch live with the s4 ?

can you download scratch live and use it with the s4 or are you restriced to tracktor ?

Flip S4 into midi and you can map whatever you like.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You would have to have a SL box though. And the midi commands in Scratch Live are pretty minimal I think, like there's no midi command for the mixer (correct me if I'm wrong) so you would have a hard time with it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

thanks for the replys dudes , i will stick to tracktor not buying serato again i want an x1 i think now , i just lprefer the way you can organisie you record crates seems simpler if you know what i mean , but the main reson i got rid of my vci 300 mk 2 was lack of fx and funtions . so the s4 is exellant for me that way . thanks again

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You would have to have a SL box though. And the midi commands in Scratch Live are pretty minimal I think, like there's no midi command for the mixer (correct me if I'm wrong) so you would have a hard time with it.
    This. The S4 does not have a hardware mixer section...it's all midi. I've seen videos of SSL working with the Denon MC6000 and an SSL box, but it comes with an analogue mixer section.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

As people have said Scratch live don't have many midi mappable controls as it is a DVS (Digital vinyl system), the focus is on the decks you are using (you can also use control cds). Also you need the SL1, SL3 or a rane mixer with the sl interface build in.

If you wants to use a controller is a serato product then your best bet is to use Serato Itch and there are many controllers designed to be used with it. But if you have used traktor and like it and considering the S4 the thats what I'd do, I fact I did.

I just got a S4 and loving using it (just taking ages to get all my tracks beat gridded). before the S4 I was using Serato Scratch Live with the SL1 on my Nu mark TTX1's & DJM 909. (I loved that set up, can't bring my self to sell it)

For me the only major downside tractor is that the beat grid isn't warp-able so for the tracks I can't beat grid in traktor I'm learning how to warp in ableton.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by DJ Shifty Sheep; 02-25-2011 at 04:41 PM.