Creating a new S2 mapping (with loop recorder)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Cool Creating a new S2 mapping (with loop recorder)

To me , the main thing missing i-on the S2 is the loop recorder, that's why I'm making this mapping. But first, two things to note:
    -If he accepts, I will ad my functionalities to BeauBryte's DJTT Kontrol S2 mapping because i think it is awesome
    -This mapping will be for people who don't use the samples on the S2 or who have an X1 or an F1 (soon

I will change the Sample part in the S2:
    Capture d’écran 2012-05-05 à 18.48.30.png
    to this functions:
    Capture d’écran 2012-05-05 à 18.55.45.jpg

telle me if yo have other ideas for this mapping or if somebody already made it,
    Thank you

I've already done it, but then I went back to djtt mapping and edited that, cause is bug free. If you want I can post them, I deleted all the samples controls.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Swapping the sample decks for loop recorder is a step backwards for the s2.
    If I were you, I would leave the sample deck as it is, but put your loop recorder on top of it like you described. Something Like loop recorder like you said but with a shifted option to also enter sample deck mode. I tested it before, got pretty good at it, But I left out this option because there's no real benefit to put the loop recorder on a 2 deck mixer without an audio input. You miss the really cool stuff and there are not enough buttons. You do need the undo and size buttons too to get a perfect layout. With some skills and creativity you can build up loops way better with sample decks, think about eq, fx and a predictable work flow you can use. If I wanna use loop recorder I use my keyboard or a second controller.

We are talking of people that use another controller for sample (like an x1 in my case)
    I NEVER touch the samples command on the s2, I have them always ready on the x1.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.

Tech Guru

which x1 sample deck mapping are you using Cionni?

Tech Wizard

In my case, I'll control the samples with an Akai MPD 26 that I mapped for traktor (in midi mode) so I don't need the sample command on the S2 but as Cionni said, it for those who control the samples on another controller

Tech Wizard

Oh and Cionni, I didn't really understand what you said in the 1st post, you did make this change on a DJTT S2 mapping? (sorry I'm french)

Sorry mate I'm Italian xD
    I edited the tsi you mentioned, deleting the sample controls and adding the loop recorder, but that mapping was having some issue(and I didn't like the order of effect units) , so, I edited also the djtt tsi, and now I'm using that one( adding also some rapid preset trigger for fx unit 1 and 2)
    I edited also the sample deck tsi for the x1, adding 3 modifier for the knobs for -filter -eqs -volumes
    And I add controls for activate fx on single sample, key lock, cue using the hotcue mode.

So x1 total control over samples.
    S2 total control over 2 tracks + loop recorder.

Soundcloud.

Tech Wizard

And did you (or can you) post it on the midi map section?

I'll have to made a "tutorial" for the x1.
    Asap I'll post everything

Soundcloud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast