Axiom 25 Mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Axiom 25 Mapping

Here is the highly searched and anticipated mapping of the Axiom 25.

This mapping is essentially the same as Ean's mapping of the Oxygen 8, except modified to fit the axiom 25 but with more functions.

I visualized the 8 drum pads on the right into directional pads and added the list search and load deck features. I've also added a "original tempo" function for the two decks, for ease of mixing.

With the shift engaged, the drum pads control the crossfader. The top keys control auto fader (which have not been tuned, since everyone auto fades differently.) The bottom pads control hard left, middle, and hard right. This allows for a more scratch style juggle play.

Please note that you must have the enigma software from m-audio and traktor pro.

Enclosed are the picture, tsi, and xml (for enigma).

Oh, yes.
    Last edited by dr.droidx; 02-17-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: better word choice

Tech Wizard

I finally found this mapping but I can't make it work.
    Does it work for Traktor S4?

Can you help me with the process? I'm new into this hardware.
    This is what I did:

1.Opened Enigme with my Axiom 25 connected to my laptop, then I imported your XML file. After this I "uploaded" the xml to my axiom.
    2. Opened traktor S4 and import your tsi file.
    3. It didn't work

Am I doing something wrong or this mapping just work for older versions of traktor?
    I really appreciate your job. I tried to do my own mapping but I just got a headache ! Thanks for your time,

Regards from Chile

Tech Convert

Default Hi, decarli

Sorry for the delayed reply...

I don't have Traktor S4, so I don't know how I can help you.

But you might want to try these few things out:

On TRAKTOR:
    Check if the midi signal is being sent to the right channel. I noticed that the Oxygen 8 sends midi out to channel 1, while the Axiom25 sends midi signals to channel 16. If this isn't working out, you might have to remap this yourself... (for which i will be very sorry.)

On the AXIOM:
    Check if you're in the right zone. (on the axiom, there are many zones)
    Check if you're in the right octave.

Sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

Much love from America,
    Dr. Droid X
    Last edited by dr.droidx; 05-13-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: diction

Tech Student

Hey so i am not familiar with enigma, how exactly do i upload these XML files to my axiom before traktor will recognize the mapping? I'm a noob so bare with me.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dr.droidx View Post
    Sorry for the delayed reply...

I don't have Traktor S4, so I don't know how I can help you.

But you might want to try these few things out:

On TRAKTOR:
    Check if the midi signal is being sent to the right channel. I noticed that the Oxygen 8 sends midi out to channel 1, while the Axiom25 sends midi signals to channel 16. If this isn't working out, you might have to remap this yourself... (for which i will be very sorry.)

On the AXIOM:
    Check if you're in the right zone. (on the axiom, there are many zones)
    Check if you're in the right octave.

Sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

Much love from America,
    Dr. Droid X
    But, did I do the right process to import this mapping??
    Still can't find the right one..
    Macbook Unibody 13" - Traktor S4 Controller - Vestax VCI 100 - M Audio Axiom 25

just out of curiosity here and i have not installed the tsi yet... BUT why is the enigma portion even necessary? i dont even have enigma on my computer any more, and i have been successfully mapping my axiom , albeit just simple mappings like faders and cue and play buttons etc.

do you get to a point where enigma is required to map in traktor? is it something that it needs to share with others?

just wondering because i personally have never needed enigma.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

All i can do is scroll up and down, can sum1 put up a vid of how to usee it !?!?!?!

thankss mate

Tech Convert

The enigma portion is just to guarantee that you have the same midi signals for your keyboard as I have. You might not need it at all.

Tech Convert

There is a picture included in the .zip file. It tells you what each of the buttons do. The font in red is what the song does when engaged in "shift" mode.

I personally do not like taking videos of myself, but the mapping is similar to Ean's Oxygen 8 mapping, so all the functions should be the same. You can watch Ean's Oxygen 8 mapping video on the website.

the only thing that is different about my mapping is the use of the pads.

Tech Convert

I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't work. From what you've told me, it sounds to me like you got the importing portion correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast