Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE - Page 64
Page 64 of 90 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by s.craigie View Post
    My midi controller made with UMC32+ DIY kit. Really fun project (and very easy)! Props to DJTT for the buttons, knobs and faders.

@s.craigie please tell me where you bought your rotary pots and faders from. Not the caps... but you know. I am going to build a controller similar to yours. Ive made a sketch but not on the computer. There will probably be a thread on it soon though!

Tech Guru

been trying to find some sort of setup that will utilise the traktor sample decks in vaguely straight forward manner. So I pulled some knobs and fader caps off my nanokontrol and lpd8, taped down some well placed duct tape and went about modifying a few nanokontrol maps out there.

Once I was happy with things I attached the nanokontrol to a couple of steel L-brackets so the whole unit sits over the gain knobs on my mixer for easy access.

Not in the same league as some of your guyses mods on here but hey, I actually use the sample decks now, when it was just a pain in the ass before.

As long as it is practical, I find it cool. Do not diminish your work just because some-other did a better paintjob.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Whatever works. If it means taping your equipment together, and plastering labels all over it, you should DEFINITELY do it if it makes mixing easier!!!

People get so precious about their equipment. I say - hit it HARD with masking tape and marker pens if it means it makes it more usable!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

i guess. Plus it makes me all ghetto and shit

I painted the face plate of my nanokontrol

Now if only I had a use for the thing.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

sample decks brosef

I would but I don't use traktor!
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Pabloco View Post
    @s.craigie please tell me where you bought your rotary pots and faders from. Not the caps... but you know. I am going to build a controller similar to yours. Ive made a sketch but not on the computer. There will probably be a thread on it soon though!
    I bought the rotary pots from the hale website:

http://www.halemicro.com/Products/Products.html

they are great, super smooth to turn with a good amount of resistance on them.

I bought the slide pots from sparkfun electronics however they are starting to get a bit loose. hale didn't sell them when i purchased everything but i have just seen that they now do. They look better (if looks count for anything!) so would probably give them a go.

Here is mine... based on a UMC32 (the old one).
    Now waiting for some DJTT knobs to replace those (even if they feel great, I really like the soft touch), I want to try the ones from DJTT.

mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5