Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE - Page 36
Page 36 of 90 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Default Aftermarket knobs for Traktor S4

My S4 is great overall, but I don't like the knobs. They were a little too large for my taste and you can't really see the white notch. So, I went with some smaller ones for my eq section and the dry/wet knobs on the effects banks. Any 6mm D-shaft/flatted shaft knob will fit. The ones I picked had a 12mm skirt.

Next thing I will do is order some new fader caps for the crossfader and pitch faders. Then, order a cover from 12 inch skinz

New knob compared to the OEM knob.

New knobs on the layout I wanted:

Default 2x X1's and Audio 8

I hate cables as much as the next guy, so I decided to try and make a container for my stuff.

Worked on it today and it certainly needs some more work, but here's the idea:

I put an usb hub in there for all the cables.

I need to fix a piece of wood in the back to stabalize the x1's and cover up the cables and then it's only 3 cables out: sound, usb and power.

Then some polishing and painting et voila; my own all in one controller.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Student

Nice job and great idea

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by michielygil View Post
    i hate cables as much as the next guy, so i decided to try and make a container for my stuff.

Worked on it today and it certainly needs some more work, but here's the idea:

i put an usb hub in there for all the cables.

I need to fix a piece of wood in the back to stabalize the x1's and cover up the cables and then it's only 3 cables out: Sound, usb and power.

Then some polishing and painting et voila; my own all in one controller.
    that's bad ass!

Is that 2 X1's and an audio interface?

Great work.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Thanks for the feedback!

Yup, it's 2 X1's sitting on an audio 8 dj.

It's actually too bad the usb-connectors of the X1's stick out so much, so i have another 5 cm's of extra casing, which wasn't really necessary. On the other hand, it could host a nanokontrol/pad on top quite nicely.

All in all i'm pretty happy it all has a tight fit in the end, seeing I'm far from a carpenter.

Will post some pics when it's done.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Nice one Michiel!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

[QUOTE=Michielygil;211924]Thanks for the feedback!

Yup, it's 2 X1's sitting on an audio 8 dj.

Great idea Michielygil - i was thinking of getting another X1 and doing a similar set up - but i only have an audio 4 dj. i think i'd miss having faders too much - but its a great compact set up. looking forward to final pics of the finished product.

I have a mixer standing here too, but I actually like just djing with 2 x1's a lot. For some reason djing without faders forces me to focus and the equalizer-part a lot more, resulting in sharper mixing. Funny but true

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    I have a mixer standing here too, but I actually like just djing with 2 x1's a lot. For some reason djing without faders forces me to focus and the equalizer-part a lot more, resulting in sharper mixing. Funny but true
    do you not use any faders at all? What do you do then, EQ up and down and have a button to switch volume faders from 0 to full or what?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES