Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE - Page 21
Page 21 of 90 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    ooh, that is one sexy mother. good job!!
    Thanks a bunch. I had fun doing it…enough so that it would be great to do it for others. Fun stuff.

By the way- your website rocks. Tasteful and elegant.

Blessings,
    xris

Hey less chit-chat, more photos!
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

I've just done a bit of a cosmetic mod on my UC-33e, and UC-16. Bought some nice coloured knobs, and a bit of coloured electrical tape...

UC-16

UC-33e

Family Photo

The knobs were pretty cheap, and easily found on ebay (search for 6mm potentiometer knobs). The new knobs are fitted for 6mm serated shaft type pots. The UC-33e and the UC-16 have both got D type shafts on the pots. It meant drilling out the new knobs with a 6mm drill (easily done by holding the knob in your hand (tightly) and then drilling out the serated part with an electric drill) and then rolling up some paper and putting in the pot. The paper gives it a nice tight (interference) fit when you push it onto the shaft.

Now it's easier to tell which knobs relate to which of the 4 channels in Live that I use for DJ'ing with.
    Last edited by Patch; 06-19-2010 at 06:20 AM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by xristopher View Post
    Over the weekend I painted my BCR2000. The inspiration? Maelcom, Zion (where all they play is dub) and the Marcus Garvey from William Gibson's novel, Neuromancer. I put a little cut out of King Tubby on the side, just to remind me who started it all- give honor to whom honor is due.

It is fluorescent paint, so will glow under black light. I am really happy with it. I am adding labels tonight with a Dymo gun. Punk-Dub mashup.

Blessings,
    xris
    Why haven't I not seen this earlier? :eek:

<3 bro'!
    Was it easy to paint?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

thought i should finally put up some pics!!!

so heres where it all started, inspired by one of the older VCI patches from Ean, which i completely pulled apart to learn how it worked an then rebuilt, resulting in this - most of the keys are dual function, some have more and you either use the beat juggle button on the left, for, well beat juggling functions! or the shift on the right for more effects functions, editing loop points or removing cue points etc

which originally started as a complement to the timecoded records and grew into its own system, eventually resulting in me completely dumping the timecode stuff,

theres the mpd16 on which the mapping still changes regularly, currently page A is a whole lot of quick commands, and page B loosely resembles the Eans midifighter mapping,

and then theres my new toy, VCI-100SE with a slightly modified mapping, (which is being revamped as we speak)

there were assorted smaller controllers that were modified along the way but these are the important ones,
    Last edited by etch; 06-26-2010 at 07:40 AM.
    woof

That's what I like to see!!! Someone not afraid to make their controller look like shit in order to improve the functionality ten-fold!

If I was you. I'd invest in some transparent, A4 self adhesive vinyl. Print directly onto it, then cut it out and stick it on your controller. A little less ghetto than your current set-up, I'll admit - but it'll look a whole lot more professional...

People forget that controllers aren't a nice piece of furniture for the studio, they're actually MEANT to be used. And if writing on 'em makes 'em more usable, then YOU SHOULD write on 'em!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I've just done a bit of a cosmetic mod on my UC-33e, and UC-16. Bought some nice coloured knobs, and a bit of coloured electrical tape...

UC-16

UC-33e

Family Photo

The knobs were pretty cheap, and easily found on ebay (search for 6mm potentiometer knobs). The new knobs are fitted for 6mm serated shaft type pots. The UC-33e and the UC-16 have both got D type shafts on the pots. It meant drilling out the new knobs with a 6mm drill (easily done by holding the knob in your hand (tightly) and then drilling out the serated part with an electric drill) and then rolling up some paper and putting in the pot. The paper gives it a nice tight (interference) fit when you push it onto the shaft.

Now it's easier to tell which knobs relate to which of the 4 channels in Live that I use for DJ'ing with.
    Just ordered some blue knobs for myn! cheers for showing me that it looks top!

Do you know what size the faders are? or if its possible to get new ones to fit.

nice one
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

I haven't had any luck finding new fader caps. They're easy to take off, though. The stem has the LED in, and the fader cap has a hole running through it to allow the LED to show through.

I did think about just painting the faders - but I worried that the paint would flake off.

Any new fader caps would need to be heavily hacked with a drill and a craft knife/Stanley knife. Let us know if you find any fader caps that will do the job...

my own overlay has a very homemade feel to it, but is better than sticky labels i've been using

pictures taken on phone, for direct facebook upload easyness

VCI 100 [Brad_Cee Edition] V3.0

Last edited by BradCee; 07-05-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

Brad, where did you have that made? and how much was it if you don't mind me asking?