Recommend me speakers ... Halp! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Please do, Ive been looking at them for a while and would be really interested in what you think about em!
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Hey! They just arrived! Now I want to hook them up but I rather ask how to here than to start fidgeting around perhaps buying stuff I dont need.

The speakers connect to one another with regular speaker wire. The one with the electrical connection have L/R RCA inputs. The subwoofer besides the power connector have 1 RCA sub output and RCA audio input L Mono/R.

I deduct I need 2 "Y shaped" RCA's connecting the speakers to the sub and the other end to the audio source. And the sub output...

halp!!

Edit" also the sub have a switch with Low Pass Filter... Instructions are shite BTW (and they explain the speakers as Karaoke speakers)
    Last edited by Quenepas; 02-22-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    I deduct I need 2 "Y shaped" RCA's connecting the speakers to the sub and the other end to the audio source. And the sub output...
    Post pics of the connections on the back of all the speakers.

speakers.

sub.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Guru

So, it appears this is not an "integrated" set of tops and subs.

Yes, you will need a pair of "Y-cable" connectors. And the good news is that this is exactly what they were made for...splitting a signal.

Because both the tops and sub will be getting a "full range" signal...there will probably be some overlap in the sub region. This can lead to some integration issues. To minimize this...keep the sub "centered" between the tops, and keep the tops and sub (roughly) the same distance from your ears. For instance, put the sub on the desk directly in front of you (but pointed at the wall), and put the tops 4-5ft above the desk about 4-5 ft apart.

Yep.

You are going to need to get a double RCA Y type cable.

So it will have one end with one white and one red RCA male, and the other end will have two white, and two red RCA females.

So you plug the end with the males into your "main out" RCA's.

Then one of the Y ends goes to the sub, and the other Y end goes to the one speaker that has the RCA input.

Then you obviously send the speaker cable from the one top to the other.

When you get it all plugged in, I would recommend having the "low pass filter" on the sub on, and set it somewhere between 80 and 120hz.

Hope this helps! Post back with updates!
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Ok. From Monoprice I got 2 pairs of RCAs, 2 splits and 2 rca to 1/4 adapters. I think this should do the trick.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Ok, so it sounds like your master out is 1/4 inch.

So, left 1/4 -><- 1/4 - RCA -><- RCA to dual RCA ->

.., right 1/4 -><- 1/4 - RCA -><- RCA to dual RCA ->

So that is going to leave you with two "left" female RCA's, and two "right" female RCA's.

So, take one left, and one right female RCA from your master and connect those to the RCA cord going to the input on your sub.

And then, take one left, and one right female RCA from your master and connect those to the RCA cord going to the input on your single speaker.

And if you hooked up the L/R correctly to the speaker inputs, you should have full stereo imaging, and proper panning response.

Keep us posted! Cant wait to hear what you think of their sound!
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    When you get it all plugged in, I would recommend having the "low pass filter" on the sub on, and set it somewhere between 80 and 120hz.
    It is not clear to me what the low pass filter actually does. The sub is active. The sub also has a "Sub Out" for an additional passive sub.

Does the low pass filter apply to the internal signal for the active sub?
    Does the low pass filter apply to the "sub out" RCA connection?
    Does the low pass filter operate on both the internal & sub out connections?

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    It is not clear to me what the low pass filter actually does. The sub is active. The sub also has a "Sub Out" for an additional passive sub.

Does the low pass filter apply to the internal signal for the active sub?
    Does the low pass filter apply to the "sub out" RCA connection?
    Does the low pass filter operate on both the internal & sub out connections?
    The low pass filter acts on the input signal, as the input signal is probably going to be full range.

So, because it effects the signal directly after the input, before it reaches the subs amplifier, it is going to effect everything behind it on the chain. Including the subs amplifier, and the mono sub out witch is intended to send out to another ACTIVE sub box.

The mono out on the back of that sub is not powered, you will need another active sub, or an amplifier/passive sub to send that to.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast