Worth $70? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Will you be upgrading to Traktor Pro 2?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Software upgrade

84 76.36%
  • Yes - Hardware upgrade

11 10.00%
  • No - Sticking with traktor pro 1

8 7.27%
  • No - Moving to Serato or other system

7 6.36%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Worth $70?

Quote Originally Posted by exokinetic View Post
    I am sorry that the truth hurts.

You claim that a 900 dollar price tag is LESS expensive when compared to a 400 dollar price tag.

This represents an IQ below the level of the average intelligent human, and would better represent a portion of our population who experiences some kind of intelligence deficiency.

Science came up with a word to describe this.

Retardation.

Those humans who express the symptoms of Retardation are by definition:

Retards.

Get.

Over.

It.
    It's like talking to a bunch of kids. Please direct me to your website so I can see what kind of amazing work your are doing!

Tech Mentor

Default what will TA6 allow that A4 wouldn't?

So I'm considering TSD2 when it comes out. But if I went out and bought the Audio 4 now (if I could still find it at a cheap price) and just paid for the software update to TSD2 would that be dumb? I guess I'm asking will Audio 4 still be able to handle the sample decks, loop recording, and setting up sending/receiving loop info?

I'm not concerned too much with a thru channel feature or being able to plug it in to the wall for power consumption. I just want the hardware to be able to run all aspects of the software. I plan on external mixing through a 2 channel mixer if that helps (or doesn't). I do like the NI claim of lower latency though. What is your opinions DJTT community?

It's called freedom of speech.

Plus, calling us "not-professional" doesn't really mean anything. Sure a lot of the people on this site are playing in clubs and gigs and etc, but there are many many more people that prefer to play in their rooms or just at home, or just for friends. Not everyone is looking for an all in one package, because for most people, music is the key factor, not being a multimedia business package.

Also, for the record, most DJ's and production companies much prefer to have a dj to the audio, and a vj to do the video. why? because if they are focused on one task at hand, they are more likely to create a more stunning performance, rather than spreading yourself thin to mix one track into one as it's going out, and then playing with a light board, and then playing with a projection program that may or may not be timed right if it even pertains to the experience at all.

So I just checked out your page, and while I don't disagree that there is a place for radio dj's, this isn't the place to rest on your laurels. I watched every single one of your videos. You didn't scratch, you didn't beat juggle, you didn't even blend the tracks. After you cued the song, you faded out into you talking, and then thanked the listeners, and then started the next song. Where is the art? Where is the feeling that you are being taken into an experience? Dj'ing isn't just about playing great music (though it is the most important part), It's about taking those raw tracks and making them your own. Using creativity to mash songs together, build layers and break them down, to cut and piece the best of the best together inside a new creation that you can say you put together.

That being said. I'm sorry if i offend. But coming into this place like you own it and calling us unprofessional is very offensive. Speaking from my own experience, I spend at least two and a half hours looking up music on beatport or juno a day. My hold bins are filled with more songs than i could buy in a year. Usually after that i spend another two hours a day practicing. juggling, learning my tracks, building sets, and learning more about the craft. That's a professional commitment. Listening to top 40 radio stations and taking the songs you like is not work. Yes you can be "a good dj" by giving people music that they are familiar with from the radio already, but thats not what we are here to talk about (yes there are plenty of top 40 dj's here i'm sure, but after listening to them i can say this point without being biased), we are here to play music for the music, not to be popular, but because our taste defines who we are and what we want to accomplish from pursuing music as an art form.

I don't think I have ever seen a DJ look left and right more and tap their hands on their legs.
    VCI-100 SE Arcade - Hp Win 7 2.4 ghz 4 gig ram - Traktor Pro - Presonus Firebox

Quote Originally Posted by djmaverick View Post
    It's like talking to a bunch of kids. Please direct me to your website so I can see what kind of amazing work your are doing!

Amazing work has no bearing on intelligence.

There are many savants who can perform musical and artistic feats far and above anyone in their field could accomplish with their normal brain.

And yet the savant is still, a retard.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

what you just did in the first fiften seconds of your "track" is also illegal.

did you actually contact nintendo and ask them if you could be endorsed by R.O.B.?

Highly unprofessional.

I think we should get on-topic guys
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

just get back under your bridge djmaverick, whining about that stuff is highly unprofessional and qualifies you to be a troll.

get a hold of yourself and behave like a professional, if you are one.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

You guys jumped all over me. I haven't said anything to any of you. I simply stated that the upgrade price for the new hardware is a bit much for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I think we should get on-topic guys
    You're right, i just have a problem feeding trolls......

ANY ways, i'm super stoked, spectrum waveforms are a beautiful addition to the already huge amount of stuff inside traktor, and the new effects are super cool.

gater, bouncer, and transpose stretch anyone?

Default software upgrade yes, hardware maybe

Software upgrade pricing seems reasonable. The side by side installation is an awesome feature. $79 price makes it a no brainer for me. Hardware upgrade is a big maybe for me, Im gonna think about that one. The power supply will help out, but our A4DJ with a powered usb hub is doing fine. The extra outs on the TA6 seems cool, but honestly Im not sampling a ton right now.
    Last edited by djerikt; 02-10-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: jumped on the video hijack, cut for now.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast