Worth $70? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Will you be upgrading to Traktor Pro 2?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Software upgrade

84 76.36%
  • Yes - Hardware upgrade

11 10.00%
  • No - Sticking with traktor pro 1

8 7.27%
  • No - Moving to Serato or other system

7 6.36%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worth $70?

Quote Originally Posted by djmaverick View Post
    You guys better inform all of these clubs (new and old) that are investing in flat screens and projectors. I guess they didn't get the memo.
    Big Whoop.

Designing video's for clubs is easy. http://www.chaospro.de/

look now you can make your own vids! or just dl royalty free videos and cut em up and mix them together.

point being is that you are a DJ, not a VJ. They are getting them because it's less hassle than having a dj's buddy bring his stuff from home and wrecking the place trying to put stuff up. plus if they buy it they can insure it, or hire they would have a video guy on call as well.
    Last edited by Halukar; 02-10-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    VCI-100 SE Arcade - Hp Win 7 2.4 ghz 4 gig ram - Traktor Pro - Presonus Firebox

You guys better inform all of these clubs (new and old) that are investing in flat screens and projectors. I guess they didn't get the memo.
    don't think every club in the world is on the same page as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cerna View Post
    don't think every club in the world is on the same page as you.
    So the clubs you guys attend don't have flat screens or projectors that are used for visuals?

So the clubs you guys attend don't have flat screens or projectors that are used for visuals?
    oh they do, but the dj's are there to dj.

"This. and if you're 'threatening' to move to serato since NI made you so mad, please just fuck off and do it. Go and annoy the people on the serato forum instead. "
    LOL, glad we are all professionals on this forum.

Tech Mentor

I hope they leave the VJ stuff alone. There is dedicated VJ software that easily integrates with most audio apps. A few of these VJ softs are light years ahead of the pack and NI would look silly trying to offer something sub par.

It would be nice to see NI just make their "audio" products work seamlessly together. I would much rather see VST FX hosting within Traktor ( i.e. Reaktor FX), than some limited feature video mixing.

Video mixing is soo last year man. It's all about having 4 decks, and a rediculous amount of midi control now.

Tech Mentor

How is serato better? The new sl4 is like almost a grand.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanSOLO View Post
    I hope they leave the VJ stuff alone. There is dedicated VJ software that easily integrates with most audio apps. A few of these VJ softs are light years ahead of the pack and NI would look silly trying to offer something sub par.

It would be nice to see NI just make their "audio" products work seamlessly together. I would much rather see VST FX hosting within Traktor ( i.e. Reaktor FX), than some limited feature video mixing.
    Well thats just the thing, Native instruments is ALL about audio and interface... I mean i'm sure they thought about moving into VJ'ing, but that isn't where their fan base is really centered.....

and yea, there are a ton of good vj programs that you could probably run standalone, or are able to send a midi clock to....

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Halukar View Post
    and yea, there are a ton of good vj programs that you could probably run standalone, or are able to send a midi clock to....
    There are a bunch, and a few of them are incredible.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast