Worth $70? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Will you be upgrading to Traktor Pro 2?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Software upgrade

84 76.36%
  • Yes - Hardware upgrade

11 10.00%
  • No - Sticking with traktor pro 1

8 7.27%
  • No - Moving to Serato or other system

7 6.36%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Worth $70?

What are you really getting for the $450 upgrade price? Additional outputs and no video mixing?

In my view the price is more than fair. I got Traktor scratch duo for $300 and then paid $80 to upgrade to scratch pro. Even if I bought the hardware upgrade I would have spent less than if I got an S4 ($830 vs $900).

However the issue always comes down to if you can really afford it. For that much I could just buy ableton. To make it even more complicated the hardware deal is a special first 3 months only price. So if I did do it I'd have to do so now. I'll have to do some hard thinking about what I really want.

Hopefully no video mixing.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Hopefully no video mixing.
    All of the other major DVS out there can handle video now. Whether you want to admit it or not video is the direction the industry is heading. Even now audio only djs have some kind of "visuals" playing at clubs.

I disagree. I think video mixing is niche. Personally and subjectively, I've never seen a DJ VDJ with plugins built into DJ software.

I think most DJs just want to be DJs. I'm all for a video plugin for Traktor but I'd like it to be a paid plugin for the low percentage of VDJs who want it and will use it.
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by djmaverick View Post
    All of the other major DVS out there can handle video now. Whether you want to admit it or not video is the direction the industry is heading. Even now audio only djs have some kind of "visuals" playing at clubs.
    Pioneer have had video mixing for ages. Never really taken off.

99% of my music has no visuals to go with it, ie no music video made, basic or otherwise.

I think this is super niche rather that the direction the industry is heading.

People go to clubs to dance, not to watch shit.

I say this as a man well into video as a profession.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I disagree. I think video mixing is niche. Most DJs just want to be DJs. I'm all for a video plugin for Traktor but I'd like it to be a paid plugin for the low percentage of DJs who want it and will use it.
    Snap
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I disagree. I think video mixing is niche. Personally and subjectively, I've never seen a DJ VDJ with plugins built into DJ software.

I think most DJs just want to be DJs. I'm all for a video plugin for Traktor but I'd like it to be a paid plugin for the low percentage of VDJs who want it and will use it.
    This. and if you're 'threatening' to move to serato since NI made you so mad, please just fuck off and do it. Go and annoy the people on the serato forum instead.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    This. and if you're 'threatening' to move to serato since NI made you so mad, please just fuck off and do it. Go and annoy the people on the serato forum instead.
    You guys better inform all of these clubs (new and old) that are investing in flat screens and projectors. I guess they didn't get the memo.

I'll send it out again then.
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast