[poll] Idea for a new mapping - Give your support! - Page 3

View Poll Results: What do you think of this mapping?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! DJTT please make this happen.

43 71.67%
  • It's OK, but I have a better idea.

13 21.67%
  • Don't like it.

4 6.67%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    That's exactly how 4 banks mode works, except it's in the firmware and not using modifiers. You'd be amazed how many modifiers are taken up by the Effects mappings, and using firmware makes it a lot more stable.
    Sounds complicated, I love it. I need to get a MF.

Default Modified Instant Grat Mapping - Hot Cues!

Well this isn't quite as elaborate as what you are asking for, but here is my modified Instant Gratification Mapping to include Hot Cues on Banks C & D. I'm by no means a mapping expert so I kept it pretty basic.

I have attached a layout image for the Cue Banks as well as my tsi file. I tested the mapping pretty well last night, but make no promises. Let me know if you find any bugs or have any ideas of your own.

By the way does anyone know of an easy way to move the bank locations in the midi mapping software? Ideally I would have Deck A Hot Cues under Bank A, Deck A FX under Bank B, Deck B Hot Cues under Bank C and Deck B FX under Bank D.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Well this isn't quite as elaborate as what you are asking for, but here is my modified Instant Gratification Mapping to include Hot Cues on Banks C & D. I'm by no means a mapping expert so I kept it pretty basic.

I have attached a layout image for the Cue Banks as well as my tsi file. I tested the mapping pretty well last night, but make no promises. Let me know if you find any bugs or have any ideas of your own.

By the way does anyone know of an easy way to move the bank locations in the midi mapping software? Ideally I would have Deck A Hot Cues under Bank A, Deck A FX under Bank B, Deck B Hot Cues under Bank C and Deck B FX under Bank D.
    Nice one, thanks for your input man. I've been wondering about how to swap the banks around, but since the midi notes are all different I don't know how you'd do it without going through EVERY command and changing them individually.

I think I'll have a go at making my own version this weekend, not the one I've put in the diagram because as I explained I don't know how lol, but something very much like what you've done. I think given an hour or so I can make something a bit similar to the deckalized on banks C&D with looping functions instead of instaFX. I might leave the echo freeze in, not sure. If I get round to it I'll post it up here of course.

Flashflooder was good enough to get back to my PM and said that if he can find the time and justify it to Ean then he'll have a go at the full thing, so we can hope!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by Switch80NL View Post
    Maybe you can put in a function to select the next track in the playlist.
    That's what the function I called 'Load' is supposed to be. Thanks for your input!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

I made a "custom" mapping last night where I got rid of Decks C/D and just added a simple featureset of controls for Decks A/B to banks C/D. I added the following features:

Shift, Sync, Cue, Play
    Hot cues 5-8
    Hot cues 1-4

Shift+Sync = tempo bend down
    Shift+Cue = tempo bend up
    Shift+hot cues = delete hot cue

It's been so fun being able to lay in bed and mash away at a set without having to get up and use my VCI. Apparently I woke up this morning cuddling my MIDI Fighter. This has also got me thinking about ditching my VCI for live sets and just using a custom MIDI Fighter with my Audio 2 going out to the DJ mixer. *grumble grumble*
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Mentor

Default @ no left turn

i was going to edit rustys tsi for the same thing .. @ no left turn can you upload your tsi?

working on something similar for the two midifighter esque controllers i built (well am still building one) will drop a link in here once ive got a thread up and running,
    woof

Default Update - Work in Progress

Hi everyone, this is what I've got so far. It uses banks 3 and 4 for decks A and B.

There are 2 tsi files, one for each deck since I have about 8 mappings installed and I'm sure you don't want them all!

The functions are as follows (with reference to the previous diagram):

- Active bank button is shift.
    - Play button, Sync and cue work properly (no on the fly cue as yet).
    - 3rd row left 2 buttons are loop 8 and half loop.
    - bottom row is same as deckalized - outside buttons change tempo, inner buttons bend tempo.
    - Shift + what will be sample button activates juggle mode, shift deletes cues.
    - hitting sample while holding a hotcue button deactivates juggle mode and keeps track playing. hitting play will keep track playing but NOT deactivate juggle mode.

Obviously it's a work in progress, more of a template to work from than the finished article! Very short of time recently so not had much spare for mapping. Anyone who wants to have a go at sample/slice mode please upload once you're done! Should be possible just to copy it out of the deckalized but there are a LOT of commands.

Oh and if anyone finds problems/bugs please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    I have 2 MF's, so I'd also like to see the bank buttons be in a deckalized manner (MF 1 gets 4 modes, FX, functions, juggle, and record, while MF 2 gets the same things for deck 2). Just my 2¢
    THIS! I have 2 midi fighters as well and that would be a really powerful, yet easy to use mapping.

+1!
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Tech Wizard

Hi all,

I was testing the instant gratification mapping on my USB keybord with BMT ; all combos pretty work as well.

But I don't find that the created effect (by example Transpose effect with Bmash) sounds good or cool ^^

My friends told me to stop these combos because they realy don't find that's musicaly good ^^

I only play House Music ^^

So, I would to know your opinion about that : does I use them bad ? or some of you have the same feeling as me ? XD

Thx in advance

Good week !!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast