MF Instant Gratification Mapping V1.0 (S4 and other controllers) - Page 9

View Poll Results: how stable is this mapping?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

30 25.21%
  • almost there

59 49.58%
  • needs some work

30 25.21%
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Default Modified Instant Grat Mapping - Hot Cues

Well as it turns out I did have the skills necessary to modify the mapping to add basic Transport and Hot Cues for Deck A & B. It sounds like other people are working on similar ideas, but I thought I would share mine.

I removed the Deck C & D FX mappings and replaced them with some basic transport functions and 8 Hot Cues. The attached image shows the mapping for Bank C & D. I have also attached my tsi file. I tested it out late last night and seems to work fine, but I make no guarantees. Let me know if you find any bugs.

I couldn't figure out an easy way to move the Instant Grat mappings for Bank A and B so they stayed in their current locations. If someone can tell me how to do this I will gladly move the Deck A FX to Bank B and the Deck B FX to Bank D. This way all Deck A controls would be on the left and all Deck B controls would be on the right.

i got the same issue... four banks mode is internal in the midi fighter so it cant really be emulated.. (guess ill just hold the buttons) ive managed to get the rest of it going now.. only thing left is to figure out how i can get this to work on any of the other decks... might have to just make smaller buttons and wack em into the page and import the other B part of the tsi..... what do you guys think of my " I PAD midi fighter"? it took me a while.. but really fun to make!

Tech Wizard

I'm trying to port this to an MPD, but I have no idea what note C-1 corresponds on a midifighter. Does anyone have a diagram?

edit: Ahhh…this must be part of the whole "super combo" thing. No idea what B5, B4, B3 correspond to either.

Tech Convert

this is the diagram from earlier in this thread that helped me, c-1 works as the effects freeze when I adapted the mapping to my launchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I think what you found was a super combo, it cues the deck and when let go plays the deck(it also does a bit more than ) But I believe this is whats happening! Try figureing out which buttons are pressed when the deck starts playing, or better yet do it with a track playing already so you can see the combo in action...
    Turns out one of the super combos I discovered is also doubling as a play start, but can't seem to find another combo that stops a deck.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by No Left Turn View Post
    Turns out one of the super combos I discovered is also doubling as a play start, but can't seem to find another combo that stops a deck.
    I noticed too that that combo kindof puts the deck on hold while its held down if it is playing as well, and starts the deck without fail if it is not playing. I tried a kind of a reverse combo of this one you found (that will start the deck), and the first time i tried it, it actually stopped the deck - BUT - I have not been able to get it to repeat that. Now I am wondering how many of the "combos" we are finding are real and how many are artifacts and/or bugs, and its hard to tell what is what at the moment. In addition to these, I have also managed to break out of loops (deactivate them), as well as mess up timing and loop start/stop points (shifting) just by using the midifighter by itself in 4banks with this mapping.

I think it will be hard to really say if the mapping seems stable or not until someone releases more "official" information on what the combos are and what they should do, but my gut feeling so far with us seemingly finding more than 5 combos that seem to have big effect is that it is either not stable or there is far more hidden in there than 5 combos and none of us really know how to use them yet. Or maybe these are bugs in Traktor Pro? I'm really so confused!!

Hopefully someone "in the know" will be releasing more information soon so we can all get to the bottom of this!

Help us DJTT!!!

I couldn't get c1 to do anything... I think its an internal command that locks the buttons.... Not sure though... In did find something in the tis but press c1 and nothing happens...

Tech Convert

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Well as it turns out I did have the skills necessary to modify the mapping to add basic Transport and Hot Cues for Deck A & B. It sounds like other people are working on similar ideas, but I thought I would share mine.
    Rusty, your mapping, while i'm sure is in its early form of its true potential, is nothing short of amazing! I tried it late last night using just one true track and the second track for loops and I could not believe I was mixing so good using just a single midifighter (no vci-100 plugged in). This really showed me how astounding and revolutionary this can be, and all I dreamt about last night was what I could do if I had a second midifighter now too! (decks C/D?!?!)

THANK YOU for doing this (mapping these things is still beyond me), and I sure hope you are willing to share any further creations!! I can't tell you how grateful I am for your effort and sharing!

DJTT, take note of this..it deserves special attention!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

I removed the Deck C & D FX mappings and replaced them with some basic transport functions and 8 Hot Cues. The attached image shows the mapping for Bank C & D. I have also attached my tsi file. I tested it out late last night and seems to work fine, but I make no guarantees. Let me know if you find any bugs.

I couldn't figure out an easy way to move the Instant Grat mappings for Bank A and B so they stayed in their current locations. If someone can tell me how to do this I will gladly move the Deck A FX to Bank B and the Deck B FX to Bank D. This way all Deck A controls would be on the left and all Deck B controls would be on the right.
    Rusty can you tell me how you exactly did add your mapping, as for me when I import your mapping it stays in FX mode like the version of ean. Does it needs the midi fighter in 4 internal or 4 external bank mode ?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by redgoblin83 View Post
    Rusty can you tell me how you exactly did add your mapping, as for me when I import your mapping it stays in FX mode like the version of ean. Does it needs the midi fighter in 4 internal or 4 external bank mode ?
    I can't speak for Rusty, but I am using his mapping and it appears working exactly as it should. I have the latest firmware, in 4banks internal mode (2 lights for the setting)

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast