MF Instant Gratification Mapping V1.0 (S4 and other controllers) - Page 7

View Poll Results: how stable is this mapping?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

30 25.21%
  • almost there

59 49.58%
  • needs some work

30 25.21%
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    From the post linked in the first thread here
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24514
    I am pretty sure most of us read that and have followed the instructions. We are saying that we can only choose from external and off in the level 5 options. The increment up and down buttons do not display an "internal/ two lights off and two lights on choice". Any additional thoughts appreciated.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jthompsn View Post
    I am pretty sure most of us read that and have followed the instructions. We are saying that we can only choose from external and off in the level 5 options. The increment up and down buttons do not display an "internal/ two lights off and two lights on choice". Any additional thoughts appreciated.
    The question was what the difference between internal and external was. I answered it with a quote from that thread. That said I'm having the same problem with not being able to select internal or external. As was pointed out in the other thread I'm going to attempt doing it the old way later today. I'll let you know if it works.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

No worries, by the old way, you mean with a PC? Haven't fired mine up in forever. I did manage the last firmware upgrade with the PC but it wasn't fun. Please let us know what you find, and thanks.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

We have discovered the problem - the DJTT server was moved to a new machine, and imaged using an old copy of the site. We're trying to get permissions back to update the firmware and software directories.

Unix, eh? Pfffff.

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    how can this be done? i really want to switch to the new mapping, but also need my 8 cue points. so a button for switching the samples to cues 5-8 back and forth would be amazing..
    In the S4 software you will go into Preferences->Traktor Kontrol S4 and look for the "Sample Play Buttons" list box. It is probably set to "--AUTO--" but you can simply change this to be "HotCue 5-8" if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dros View Post
    Is there any layout of the pre-programmed notes for the Midi-Fighter available ?
    Since a lot of people have asked questions about using this MF mapping on other controllers, I have attached a written out diagram for the MIDI notes sent out in 4 Banks Mode that I used as a reference for this mapping.

It should help if you wanted to change the Midi Notes your controller sends out to match.

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    In the S4 software you will go into Preferences->Traktor Kontrol S4 and look for the "Sample Play Buttons" list box. It is probably set to "--AUTO--" but you can simply change this to be "HotCue 5-8" if that helps.
    i know that, thx.

but as i understood the post before, it is possible to map this to the keyboard, to switch on the fly between auto & hotcue 5-8. that would be awesome..
    i simply dunno how..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Oh yeah, this mapping is awesome! I love that my MIDI Fighter is basically an FX box / beat mangler. It compliments the VCI very well when you want to do something a little fancier than Fader FX. Great job DJTT!
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Convert

The MPK25 has 4 banks with a 4 x 4 drum pad set. Does this mean that with the right mapping (looking at the pdf btw) I can map the midi fighters layout to the MPK?

Quote Originally Posted by Helldrift View Post
    The MPK25 has 4 banks with a 4 x 4 drum pad set. Does this mean that with the right mapping (looking at the pdf btw) I can map the midi fighters layout to the MPK?
    yep, just look at the midi note map which flashflooder posted somewhere today and set you pads to those notes. I suggest you map a shift to one of the top buttons which would normally be the bank select so that you can lock the FX combos on. Just set a button to be the same as the bank button, then you'll have the 3 remaining top buttons left to do what you like with. should be sweet!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast