MF Instant Gratification Mapping V1.0 (S4 and other controllers) - Page 10

View Poll Results: how stable is this mapping?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

30 25.21%
  • almost there

59 49.58%
  • needs some work

30 25.21%
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by redgoblin83 View Post
    Rusty can you tell me how you exactly did add your mapping, as for me when I import your mapping it stays in FX mode like the version of ean. Does it needs the midi fighter in 4 internal or 4 external bank mode ?
    I'm using the latest firmware and 4 Banks Internal mode. The import procedure is the same as outlined by Ean. I know there was a problem with the DJTT server for a little while there and it was downloading an older version of the firmware. So you might want to try updating your firmware again if you are still having problems. I hope that helps.

Tech Mentor

C-C-CCross-post!

Here's the combo's coz I'm a nice guy!

Combo 1
    Transpose Bmash
    Press all 4 Bmash buttons triggers a Transpose

Combo 2
    Grater LoFi
    Press all 4 bottom row buttons in order (left to right)

Combo 3
    Bmash F92-LFO Delay Pause
    Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then press T3Delay then F90-Lfo

Combo 4
    Massive Wash Out Thing
    Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then release then hold 3 again then press and hold 4

Combo 5
    Reverse Gain That I can only make sound like ass.
    Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then press T3Delay then Reverb THEN LoFi
    It's meant to trigger Reverse Grain in FX2 which is does but it doesn't turn it on for me
    Works for me now but seems like it needs more modifiers to stop it stacking so many effect as it starts to sound like white noise being gutted.

Also on the poll question this mapping is pretty tight but there's problems with the super combos triggering sometimes, which appears to just because stacking so many modifiers can cause oddness sometimes but given I spent the last hour in the mapping watching the modifiers I might be overreacting and anyway while they don't always trigger they also don't break/get stuck at any point which is great.
    Last edited by Remote; 02-12-2011 at 10:59 PM.

Tech Convert

Hey everybody,

i ve got the newest firmware and the activated the four banks mode.. but i have problems with the .tsi
    When I import the .tsi into traktor S4 (loading the mapping and effect settings like in the video) will load the wrong effects instead of the beatmasher the delay for example.. does anybody know why?
    Thanks

regards

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by u7z View Post
    Hey everybody,

i ve got the newest firmware and the activated the four banks mode.. but i have problems with the .tsi
    When I import the .tsi into traktor S4 (loading the mapping and effect settings like in the video) will load the wrong effects instead of the beatmasher the delay for example.. does anybody know why?
    Thanks

regards
    Reload the mapping over it's self do this 3 times and then try it.
    There's a bug/quirk (I actually just realised why it does it like that heh, nerd awesome) in Traktor that causes the effects setting not to take properly the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by u7z View Post
    Hey everybody,

Thanks

regards
    load it again.. had the same problem, after loading the whole tsi again, everything was fine..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    Combo 1
    Transpose Bmash
    Press all 4 Bmash buttons triggers a Transpose

Combo 2
    Grater LoFi
    Press all 4 bottom row buttons in order (left to right)

Combo 3
    Bmash F92-LFO Delay Pause
    Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then press T3Delay then F90-Lfo

Combo 4
    Massive Wash Out Thing
    Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then release then hold 3 again then press and hold 4

Combo 5
    Reverse Gain That I can only make sound like ass.
    Press Bmash 1, 2, 3 then press T3Delay then Reverb THEN LoFi
    In case people were wondering, Remote is quite close but not exact. It should be good enough to allow everyone to find them all though.

As for anyone who experiences what they consider bugs, please try to detail exactly what is happening when you think you are experiencing "a bug" and how you got it to occur. Please repeat the steps you list to make sure that you can consistently replicate the bug. This way I can examine each and determine what is going wrong.

The only bugs I have experienced to date are:
    • Supercombo#5 does not always trigger on Decks B/C/D. I thought I fixed this in the final uploaded version, but I have heard others who are still experiencing this. The tsi is correct, some of the lines just don't seem to be triggering effects as they should so to fix this I had to just remap the same functions.
    • The Combo#1 Transpose Stretch seems to lock on sometimes if you trigger it when there is an advanced effect in FX bank 3 (e.g., the Slicer from a VCI-100 mapping). I am pretty sure that this is due to the fx bank switching types and in that process it doesn't turn on the combo effect when it should, but then when it is supposed to turn the efect off, it then turns on. I should be able to fix this in the next update to this mapping. For now, if you are going to move between a chained and advanced effect for FX bank3 I would tap the Slice button on the VCI or the F92LFO/T3Delay buttons on the MF (2nd row, middle buttons) to switch the FX bank 3 to the correct type first to avoid any unexpected behavior.

Tech Mentor

Awww can you tell me which ones i got wrong?
    I was so sure i'd translated all your modifiers right

Tech Convert

I'm trying to map the Maschine with the Instant Gratification tsi file. I got everything working except:

1. the supercombos - when I press all four beatmasher buttons, no transpose supercombo and;
    2. I think the T3Delay is not working correctly (when I mean incorrectly, I mean I don't know what the F**k i'm doing!) - when this button pressed by itself, the dry/wet knob is only turned about 1/8th of the way. At one point i got it to turn 5/8 but I can't get that back.

I know the file was made for the midifighter but anyone else trying this on other hardware?? Will this only work with the midi fighter and firmware update? Does the firmware update have something to do with gettting supercombos??

Here's my problem, unlike eans video, where he shows just deck A and B, I also get C and D when I import it. Not a problem, I use 4 decks anyway.

I am not using the S4 but the Hercules Steel and TPRO. All the effects work fine on deck A but will not work on the other decks. It is looking like the FX banks are not being routed to those other decks.

Also, the top row of buttons trigger effects. Don't think it's supposed to do that but these effects work on the other decks, but not deck A. Therefore not allowing me to use the top row for holding a sound.

Ideas?
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thejunman View Post
    I'm trying to map the Maschine with the Instant Gratification tsi file. I got everything working except:

1. the supercombos - when I press all four beatmasher buttons, no transpose supercombo and;
    2. I think the T3Delay is not working correctly (when I mean incorrectly, I mean I don't know what the F**k i'm doing!) - when this button pressed by itself, the dry/wet knob is only turned about 1/8th of the way. At one point i got it to turn 5/8 but I can't get that back.

I know the file was made for the midifighter but anyone else trying this on other hardware?? Will this only work with the midi fighter and firmware update? Does the firmware update have something to do with gettting supercombos??

Could you please share your maschine mapping? I'd really enjoy using the mapping. Also, I think the midifighters firmware allows it to do some of the tricks. I bet that's what's missing with the maschine.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast