New firmware Midifighter-20110204 - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

alright ill give that a try, where can i find old MF tsi mapping files?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

you could use the deckalized mapping or even just try and map a few commands yourself to see if Traktor is really seeing it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Traktor sees it just fine. I can map a few controls no prob, but I REALLY want the instant gratification mapping. In my quest to get it, I must ask if anyone has the midi mapping assignment for the MF in a word or txt document. If I know what button is mapped to what control I could manually remap the controller. On more quick thing... in the controller manager tab of TPS4 i noticed that each deck (ABCD) of the MF has the assignment to Ch03 in the "mapped to" section in assignment table. Also under mapping details the assignment section of each deck (ABCD) is set to "FX Unit 3" I have not messed with anything this is how it loaded when I redid the new firmware and loaded in the tsi (for about the 15th time) is this how it is supposed to be? or is it screwing up for all being on ch 3 and fx 3? (this is original tsi and hex from this site)
    Last edited by dylooooon; 03-26-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Tech Mentor

or perhaps i have my MF on the wrong midi channels?
    What channels is it supposed to be in? (does it matter?)
    please let me know thanks!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Well we know the midi fighter works now and it's a software or maybe firmware issue. Since you can get into 4 banks internal mode I don't think it's a firmware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dylooooon View Post
    5. Menu pops up that says Import effects, Gui, controller mappings, etc. I select only controller mapping and effects settings.
    Try importing everything. It'll wipe anything else you have in there so write down any special settings you have.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

tried it still nothing...

I also checked all of the defaults in menu mode to see if that was throwin anything off, but everything is in default (except 4 banks internal of coarse)

Is there another way to load the new firmware other than with MF update?

I am really close to just selling the thing because its seemingly more of a pain than it is worth, i really wish it would just work
    Last edited by dylooooon; 03-27-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Tech Convert

firmware updated
    MF settings in the traktor "settings folder"
    Mmmm... nothing happens.
    i must have missed something !

thanks for the help

RLP
    www.rlpmix.com
    traktor pro 1.2.7

Tech Convert

I found that no matter what I did I would always get the libusb0.dll is missing issue when running the Midifighter Update - even putting the file in the right place and trying to register it myself.

Reason I went for the update, was because the MF Instant Gratification mapping would work really well for Deck A (except the top 4 buttons) but for Deck B ... the bottom 4 buttons (ie. the gaters and crusher) they were swapped to the top 4 and nothing else worked. I figured out that the other buttons were triggering turning off the FX units, so the FX were getting the settings applied, just that they were being turned off so nothing happened.

I ended up just painstakingly going through the configuration, removing those commands that did that and now I've got 1 x Midifighter working perfectly with both Deck A and B. And the long and short of it is, I've now had a crash course on Traktor FXs and modifiers and I just want to say kudos to the person who did all those modifiers in the first place.

Tech Mentor

Arrow

tried it in TP2 still nothing....
    Is there another way to load in the firmware?
    If there is I'd like to give it a try.
    Thanks all!

EDIT: it was on the wrong midii channel the whole time (I had it set to 15 somehow?) for anyone that's having issues your MF might just be in the wrong channel

for anyone that needs it ch. 3 looks like:

# . . .
    . . . .
    . . * .
    o . . o

to get here go to menu mode then hit the button on the top left to get to the midi channel section and make it look like the diagram above and it'll hopefully work

as for me...

It finally works!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh yeah kool aide man!!!
    Last edited by dylooooon; 04-06-2011 at 12:52 PM.

I am sorry I am new to this. This is the first time I am ever using the midi fighter, and I tried updating it so I can get the mapping and I keep receiving this error. I tried researching and I could not figure how to "install" my fighter. When I tried updating the fighter it comes up with this error

Contacting Djtechtools...
    unable to open temporary file
    read-only system
    flashing midifighter
    failed to find a midifighter in bootloader mode

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast