New Traktor Info leaked by Dolphin Music - Page 9
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GRiNSER View Post
    So the new interfaces mean that you can easily switch between a traditional set and a digital set. But what to do when you're switching between 2 Traktor DJs? Still the same hassle as before... On the flipside, I think I wouldn't share my soundcard with someone else during a club night, so it would only be a downer for club installations... If I was a club owner, the SL4 would be more appealing to install because of the 2 USB connections.
    If NI feels the pressure, you think they may put out another soundcard?
    Assuming the club has CDJs you could just have them plugged in and routed to a thru output and if the assumption is correct about it accepting external power then you can just switch USBs with the next digital DJ while playing a track on the CDJs.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GRiNSER View Post
    If I was a club owner, the SL4 would be more appealing to install because of the 2 USB connections.
    LOL, so everyone can say "These stupid club owners didn't realize that we all want to play Traktor these days. It's 2011, WhyTF they are putting these Serato?".

So at the end, NI will make the SL4 TSP certified because of multiple complains

Quote Originally Posted by knaumov View Post
    So at the end, NI will make the SL4 TSP certified because of multiple complains
    wouldn't that be the perfect way to shoot themselves in the foot in terms of harware sales
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    wouldn't that be the perfect way to shoot themselves in the foot in terms of harware sales
    It's very likely that they make more money out of software ... the hardware+soft formula appears great, as we like to pay for "integrated" solutions better . SL4 for TSP is like a certified mixer solution ...

that'll never happen, I guess, but it's still a nice joke. Never happen for the pure reason of politics. Probably Rane would not allow them, above all

imagine how many serato customers they'd steal! again!

regardless, if the A10DJ price is comparable to A8DJ, it's a cheaper option than SL4

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Hehe, definitely...
    Maybe they still don't support the CDJ 2000 properly because that would hurt their hardware sales as well? The last 3 times I played, CDJ 2000 were provided to me. I used them as an interface as well as a controller, even tho Traktor support is still crappy... With 2000s (or other USB capable CDJs) everywhere (in the future), I wouldn't have the need for another interface.
    Of course, nothing against my trusty Audio 8
    MacBook Pro 15" Late 2007 (2,2 GHz/4 GB RAM/256GB SSD/OSX Lion) - Traktor Scratch Pro 2 (latest)
    Audio 10 - Audio 8 - Kontrol X1 - Usually playing 2 decks, either TC Vinyl or TC CD (Unfortunately not with Advanced HID)
    Sign my Traktor Advanced HID Petition

Tech Guru

Well before the TS4 was released and there were rumors NI was up to something and what would be the "next" hot thing released. I remember a good breakdown describing how the real money is made in hardware and not software. At the time the person describing it suggested that maschine integration would likley be the next big ticket because of the hardware. About a month later the TS4 was teased and later released. Now....the TA series is coming out.

Either way. Enough of that. We need some more scoop on the software!!!!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by squint View Post
    Was there a price on there or not? The page has been removed now...

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Well before the TS4 was released and there were rumors NI was up to something and what would be the "next" hot thing released. I remember a good breakdown describing how the real money is made in hardware and not software. At the time the person describing it suggested that maschine integration would likley be the next big ticket because of the hardware. About a month later the TS4 was teased and later released. Now....the TA series is coming out.

Either way. Enough of that. We need some more scoop on the software!!!!
    agreed. Bring on the NI announcement.

in fact, fuck that, bring on the release date!

Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    Was there a price on there or not? The page has been removed now...
    Hahaha dolphin music has a whole battery farm full of egg on its face.

Man i hope that they finally managed to come up with a decent white noise effect!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast