2 x Maschine in traktor?
    Tech Wizard

Default 2 x Maschine in traktor?

Hey folks finally got round to playing with my new Maschine and mapping it to tp2! Didn't expect it to be this good for traktor! I was using my ohm64 before but when I saw I could grab a vcm600 for under £400 my gear lust got the better of me and now I'm using that as a 4 channel mixer within tp2.

My question is has anyone tried using two Maschines in traktor on the same laptop (I'm using a mbp), and just changing the midi channel it outputs?

I'm using one bank of buttons for each of the decks (and samples ) and also a bank for instant grat style effects and also hoping to flip back to 'Maschine mode' once I get the hang of it (ritchie hawtin style).

I know it sounds expensive but when compared to two cdj2000's (which i wouldn't be scratching on) it starts to sound pretty awesome imo, and I could have one set up deck A/C and the other B/D and be able to flip to an effects page or maschine software on both while still having the other deck accessible!

Has anyone have any experience/opinons?

(edit) If only the endless encoders worked as endless encoders in traktor!
    Last edited by abletom; 05-08-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    2014 MBP Retina 15" / Maschine Studio / MM-1 / 2x X1 Mk2 / A2DJ / Rokit 5's

want to sell me your ohm64

dont see why there would be any problems as long as you have them on different midi channels

Tech Wizard

Brilliant, thanks for the replies! I thought as much only I saw on the NI forums that the maschine software was not recognising more than one unit, but I guess thats just the maschine software. I don't suppose anyone knows any workaround to get the encoders working as endless, to seek position in a track?

Hey Tommy I'm considering selling it along with an apc40, xone1d and an apc20 (minus side wings). Its all as good as new never left my bedroom and the ohm64 is less than a year old. It's the older shape (more wood), awesome little unit once you've got it mapped but the vcm prob suits the maschine better. I was going to see how the vcm went first for a while, but if you pm me an offer my hand could be turned...
    2014 MBP Retina 15" / Maschine Studio / MM-1 / 2x X1 Mk2 / A2DJ / Rokit 5's