How do you practice/what is your practice routine? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Mentor

I'm the same way, right now. Link to your podcast? I like to hear what others are doing as well, haha.

Sure. I do trance btw.

http://coagulated.podomatic.com/

God i could never have a practice 'routine' so to speak. I find that i do my best when i just open up Traktor and go from their anything goes. Sumtimes i mix for hours other times it could be five minutes. I have a very short attention span.

Sometimes though i hear two songs that id like to put in a mix and just forget them
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldunne109 View Post
    God i could never have a practice 'routine' so to speak. I find that i do my best when i just open up Traktor and go from their anything goes. Sumtimes i mix for hours other times it could be five minutes. I have a very short attention span.

Sometimes though i hear two songs that id like to put in a mix and just forget them
    Sometimes I do that, but messing up kills my buzz. :P

I live in a dorm and my neighbor goes to sleep literally every night at 9:30PM. It's really annoying for me, but I got an independent study in DJing and Producing, so I normally use the 2 hours that are normally set aside for sports for most people to do my mixing. On weekends I get anywhere from 4-5 hrs a day in my school's studio (which is super bomb. gonna put some pics up in the setup thread soon.) But recently I've been working on a really simple mashup that I'm performing for my school's Battle of the Bands on saturday, and getting the whole routine literally planned out by the millisecond, so I get about 3-4 hrs a day now, 2hrs of regular winging it practice and 1-2 of my routine. Once that's all done, probably gonna go back to the good old schedule of 2 hrs on school days and 4 on weekends.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Tech Mentor

I sit down planning to work on my mapping, but I obviously have to have tunes loaded in order to test the mapping. I always find that I map 1 new thing before realizing that I've started mixing and then I'm lost for an hour or so just playing tune after tune, always completely random tunes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345