Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 8
Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default mapping multiple commands

it seems theres a really switched on group of people in this thread so i was hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem i'm having - i cant work out if im doing something wrong (or missing something simple) or its just a limitation of traktor?

what i'm trying to do is have a single key perform the same command multiple times - ie. the key '3' has 'cue/loop move' -> 'forward' mapped to it 3 times so it jumps forward 3 times. however it doesnt work and it only jumps forward 1 time.

clicking the > arrow in the cue/loop bar underneath the track display 3 times works and using the example above, i have the '1' key mapped to move forward 1 time, and pressing it 3 times also works.

long story short - why doesnt having the same command 3 times on 1 key work like you'd think? if i have to press a key 7 times to move a loop forward 7 beats i may as well not even bother

i think that should explain the problem but just in case i'm not making any sense i have another thread with a more detailed description of the problem and what i think is causing it here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30038

thanks for any help on this!

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by purplebootyfox View Post
    I am trying to map my controller on Traktor 2. My issue is that I have three buttons assigned to different effects. What I want is to be able to also map those same three buttons to be used as kills for the high, mid and low EQ using a modifier. I have the modifier selected and I have mapped a modifier button. But when I hold the modifier and press the button, both the kill and the effect happen. Is there a way where I can make the assignment coming from the modifier the exclusive one. Or when I use modifiers will I always have to chain commands. It seems stupid. I thought that modifiers would be ways to double my control assignments.
    It's easy as heck.
    If you have the Modifier-button setup so that when you press it, the value is 1, and when you don't press it the value is 0; all you gotta do is map the effect-thing to the button with the criteria "Modifier1=0" and the Kill-EQ with the criteria Modifier1=1 (or the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by kjeldbjerg View Post
    It's easy as heck.
    If you have the Modifier-button setup so that when you press it, the value is 1, and when you don't press it the value is 0; all you gotta do is map the effect-thing to the button with the criteria "Modifier1=0" and the Kill-EQ with the criteria Modifier1=1 (or the other way around.
    Thanks. I have that figured out now. I have one more question though and this one seems more puzzling. I have a numark mixtrack and I have each of the jog wheels mapped to "seek position" on traktor 2. They are both mapped the exact same way except for they control different decks, however; when I try to look ahead in a track with the deck A jog wheel it kills the sound to deck B. Yet, I can go through the entire deck B track without interrupting what's on deck A at all. I don't understand how they do different things while they are mapped the exact same.

Tech Convert

Default how i can remap my default KX1 Kontroller

how i can remap my default KX1 Kontroller ??
    plse help

Quote Originally Posted by mess View Post
    how i can remap my default KX1 Kontroller ??
    plse help
    In the controller manager in Traktor preferences. It's in the manual bro. For more in depth mapping advice, check out youtube and also http://djbrute.co.uk/?p=67
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Default u save my day bro :)

u save my day bro
    i was digging almost nothing before u !!

Tech Convert

Default i meaned i want cancel my mapping and turn to kx1

aa i meaned i want cancel my mapping and turn to kx1 orginal default fx.ss
    sorry 4 my gramm

just delete the X1 mapping in controller editor and then unplug it and plug it back in again. It should automatically load the default mapping.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by purplebootyfox View Post
    Thanks. I have that figured out now. I have one more question though and this one seems more puzzling. I have a numark mixtrack and I have each of the jog wheels mapped to "seek position" on traktor 2. They are both mapped the exact same way except for they control different decks, however; when I try to look ahead in a track with the deck A jog wheel it kills the sound to deck B. Yet, I can go through the entire deck B track without interrupting what's on deck A at all. I don't understand how they do different things while they are mapped the exact same.
    bump

when you say it kills the sound, how exactly does it do that? lower the volume, pause the track?

Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast