Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 42
Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Untitled-1.jpg I can do midi map the first four lines (red ) like a - (Add in > Remix deck > Slot Capture/Trigger/Mute - remix deck3 slot 1-2-3-4 ) how map slot 5-6-7-8 (green ) ??

Tech Student

Default Hi

Hi,

First of all, let me thank everyone who has posted much useful information in this thread.

I wanted to ask anyone who may know.. in Traktor 2.5+, NI did away with the FX Group, and replaced it with FX Unit.
    Unfortunately, i am trying to map different FX chains to a few knobs like many of the existing video tutorials, but i am unable to do so, as it seems the ability to map specific FXs to knobs or buttons has disappeared.
    Is there a way to map FX now, the way you could map them before, in Traktor 2.6?

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joeschmo View Post
    Hi,

First of all, let me thank everyone who has posted much useful information in this thread.

I wanted to ask anyone who may know.. in Traktor 2.5+, NI did away with the FX Group, and replaced it with FX Unit.
    Unfortunately, i am trying to map different FX chains to a few knobs like many of the existing video tutorials, but i am unable to do so, as it seems the ability to map specific FXs to knobs or buttons has disappeared.
    Is there a way to map FX now, the way you could map them before, in Traktor 2.6?

Thanks
    Ni have joined group and single FX mode into one page indeed. Only way Traktor can know which mode are you talking to is to dedicate modifier condition group/single or to map FX mode button-direct to button or knob.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Ni have joined group and single FX mode into one page indeed. Only way Traktor can know which mode are you talking to is to dedicate modifier condition group/single or to map FX mode button-direct to button or knob.
    Thank you for your reply.
    I do see you the "FX unit Mode" can be queried to be single or group.. but i still don't see where you can assign the list of installed FX to another modifier or button, depending on the value of this modifier..
    I don't see the list of FX anywhere..

<rant>
    The way NI is developing Traktor's MIDI mapping tools looks suspiciously like the very unpopular and cryptic Reaktor core, which pretty much requires one to know a lot of DSP to do even the most simple tasks.

I don't know why NI are so reluctant to let users script their mappings using text based tools, instead of hiding the whole thing under this horrid and cryptic chains of menus.. (much like Reaktor) yuk...

no wonder why Reaktor pretty much failed (and was indeed abandoned for several years) where Max / MSP took off and became very popular.

doing complex scripting, using menus, sucks!
    another thing that reminds me of reaktor is Traktor's horrible documentation of their MIDI mapping or lack there of..
    </rant>

Thanks!
    Last edited by joeschmo; 11-13-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Thank you for your reply.
    I do see you can see the "FX unit Modifier" can be set to single or group.. but i still don't see where you can assign the list of installed FX to another modifier or button.
    I don't see the list of FX anywhere..

The way NI is developing Traktor's MIDI mapping tools looks suspiciously like the very unpopular and cryptic Reaktor core, which pretty much requires one to know a lot of DSP to do even the most simple tasks.

I don't know why NI are so reluctant to let users script their mappings, instead of hiding the whole thing under this horrid and cryptic chains of menus.. (much like Reaktor) yuk...

no wonder why Reaktor pretty much failed (and was indeed abandoned for several years) where Max / MSP took off and became very popular.

Thanks!
    It's easy to map multiple effect selectors to same button/knob - if I understand correctly you question?

Add in > FX unit > Effect selector
    type button
    mode-direct
    value-select effect from list

Tech Student

It's easy to map multiple effect selectors to same button/knob - if I understand correctly you question?

Add in > FX unit > Effect selector
    type button
    mode-direct
    value-select effect from list
    Got it!!

i would have never been able to find that my own, underneath the never-ending nested menus.. !!
    i looked everywhere!!
    The interaction mode that comes up by default when you change the type of controller to Button is Inc, and that doesn't allow one to select the list of FX... which is why i never saw them.

Thank you!!!

Got it!!

i would have never been able to find that my own, underneath the never-ending nested menus.. !!
    i looked everywhere!!
    The interaction mode that comes up by default when you change the type of controller to Button is Inc, and that doesn't allow one to select the list of FX... which is why i never saw them.

Thank you!!!
    Come to right place then! You are welcome.

Lightbulb Echo freeze setup

Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-Delay
    Add in > FX Unit > Unit On / type-button / mode-toggle
    Add in > FX Unit > Button 2 / type-button / mode-toggle
    Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0
    Add in > FX Unit > DryWet / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.300
    Add in > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.600
    Add in > FX Unit > Knob 2 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.400
    Add in > FX Unit > Knob 3 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.300
    Add in > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-Single
    Add in > FX Unit > FX Store preset / type-button / mode-trigger

Make same FX unit assignment for all commands.

Amazing thread!

Add in > FX Unit > Effect Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-Delay
    Add in > FX Unit > Unit On / type-button / mode-toggle
    Add in > FX Unit > Button 2 / type-button / mode-toggle
    Add in > FX Unit > Button 3 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0
    Add in > FX Unit > DryWet / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.300
    Add in > FX Unit > Knob 1 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.600
    Add in > FX Unit > Knob 2 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.400
    Add in > FX Unit > Knob 3 / type-button / mode-direct / value-0.300
    Add in > FX Unit > FX Unit Mode Selector / type-button / mode-direct / value-Single
    Add in > FX Unit > FX Store preset / type-button / mode-trigger

Make same FX unit assignment for all commands.
    Works great have any more?