Traktor mapping tips, tricks and questions. - Page 21
Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

easy to do with midimasher sitting between your controller(s) and traktor. there's no "controller range" option afaik for type=fader in traktor. if it had that, like it does out "out" types then u would be able to do it just within traktor i presume. u can use midimasher to just pass all data between traktor and your controller unmodified and just add in extra midi messages if needed for stuff like this

edit: midimasher does require some coding skills tho - if only simple ones. this config is one i did the other day for someone to fix the lpd8 issue of turning pad led's off when u want them kept on... http://midimasher.djism.com/lua/config/lpd8_ledfix.lua but apart from that just routes midi between the lpd8 and vdj.
    Last edited by zestoi; 04-18-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUn1t View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to create a macro knob where one effect kicks in at the dry position, another effect kicks in say 50% wet, and then a final to kick in at 100%? sorry if this is a stupid question im on my break at work right now and I thought I'd ask about how to do something like that before I try it at home tonight
    Yeah, Traktor makes this nice and easy to do with modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    easy to do with midimasher sitting between your controller(s) and traktor. there's no "controller range" option afaik for type=fader in traktor.
    No you shouldn't need another program besides Traktor. Just set a modifier on the knob with the type "fader/knob" and mess with the rotary sensitivity until it smoothly scrolls the modifier value between 0-7, Then just set up your FX to load and turn on (and off) at the different modifier values. If you need more than the 8bit depth of just one modifier, simply create a "ratcheting modifier system" to give you 16-64bits with two modifiers.
    Last edited by Phi; 04-23-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    No you shouldn't need another program besides Traktor. Just set a modifier on the knob with the type "fader/knob" and mess with the rotary sensitivity until it smoothly scrolls the modifier value between 0-7, Then just set up your FX to load and turn on (and off) at the different modifier values. If you need more than the 8bit depth of just one modifier, simply create a "ratcheting modifier system" to give you 16-64bits with two modifiers.
    interesting idea. just had a quick go and have it ranging between 0 and 7. *sometimes* it jumps to 5 when it's at 0, could be a bad pot on my lpd8 but it doesn't then jump back to 0. this is with accel at 0% and sensitivity at 24% for a normal 7bit midi pot.

mine is hitting a value of 3 at zero ish with these settings, not bang on, but so long as u don't mind the mid point +/- quite a bit it could def be used for some things. what would ofc be more of a pain is assigning params to 0-50% and 50-100% as you'd have to add one control for every modifier value you need.

as for creating a higher resolution using a cascading set of modifiers - that's really not a great idea - i suspect u just mentioned it because it was technically feasible even if not at all practical. for one thing since u can't add ranges as modifier conditions this would make u have to add a whole heap of extra controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    Yeah, Traktor makes this nice and easy to do with modifiers.
    this is totally untrue ofc... if they wanted to make it *easy* they would just have allowed controller ranges for a fader and also condition ranges - which would be rather neat and maybe they'll add to a future version.

i do like your idea for defining an action at 50% for a fader/pot that u can't otherwise do without the missing controller range.

once u move to using a sep app tho to do the routing between your controller and app(s) whether bomes or midimasher etc then the options u have for mapping really expand... and u can try out different ideas without spending a long time in traktors controller manager.

here's a simple example that connects an lpd8. adds a new message at 0% that is off otherwise, another at 50% and then a new fader that ranges from 0 to 127 in the lower 50% of the physical fader. a lot of extra functionality for not very much effort.

Code:
    open_midi_device("lpd8", "lpd8", "LPD8", "LPD8")

superfader("lpd8", "fader5", 0, 0, 0, "fader5a", ON, ON)
    superfader("lpd8", "fader5", 0, 63, 64, "fader5b", ON, ON)
    superfader("lpd8", "fader5", 0, 0, 63, "fader5c", OFF, ON)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Wizard

a bit of a nooby question, how to map: My first hotcue to be a "beatgrid" and second a "load marker" ?
    Thanks
    Macbook White 2008, Behringer NOX 202, Numark TTX, Traktor Pro 2 , Traktor X1, Sennheiser HD 25-1 II

Tech Wizard

nobody ?
    Macbook White 2008, Behringer NOX 202, Numark TTX, Traktor Pro 2 , Traktor X1, Sennheiser HD 25-1 II

open the cue/beatgrid options below your deck, click on the cue u want to change and use the pulldown to the left of the trash icon. you'll see the options in there that u want. or do u want to midi map this? for that i think you'll want "add in > cue/loops > cue type"

Tech Wizard

i want to map it

Quote Originally Posted by andrejgoshev View Post
    i want to map it
    then that's the midi control u want i think. i presume it acts on the 'active cue' the same way the gui does. so first select the cue (via your hotcue midi button or whatever) and then map some controls of "add in > cue/loops > cue type" with type=button, mode=direct for each type u want. or u could just have two that change thru each type or even map a fader.

Tech Wizard

Is there a way to modify MULTIPLE Ins/Outs at the same time?

Example: if you want to change a number of "delete hotcue" In's to Assignment: Deck A

Thanks.

nope - only one at a time... same goes for xtrememapping too - but there's more chance of them adding the feature in than NI imho