TouchOSC Pure Data PC Help!

Default TouchOSC Pure Data PC Help!

I've been having a really tough time trying to get TouchOSC to work on my Ipad! My problem is I can't get Pure Data to receive a signal from the Ipad.

I have tried everything below on both in Windows 7 x64 abd XP x32.
    I've tried connecting both to the same wifi network and entering the IP address of my laptop in TouchOSC.
    I've disabled my firewall.
    I've tried making an ad-hoc network and connecting each other using that.
    I've tried changing the ports to 8001 in TouchOSC & PD.
    I've edited my Pure Data file as best I can and can get Midi-Out into Traktor.
    I've tried the default layouts and nothing seems to work.
    I've got PD running with no errors (I've imported MRPEACH, changed to routeOSC, etc.)
    I've tried Midi Yoke as well as LoopBE as incoming ports in Traktor.
    I've tested the signal into PD, and cannot get ctlin to light up.
    I've been able to send layouts to the Ipad from the PC, and that works fine.
    I've gotten midi Touch to work fine, but I am not a huge fan of it and am just currently using it because it works.

Saying that I am a little frustrated at this point is an understatement. I'm hoping someone can help me with what is probably something simple but for the life of me I can't figure out. I've attached my PD file if anyone wants to take a look. Finally, I have pd-extended installed.

I have a Dell Studio 1555 with the internal network card disabled and a usb dongle plugged in to minimize DPL.

Tech Guru

I'm tunned to this thread, I wish I could help, but I don't have an iPAD. yet...

When i tryed it ( with iPod touch iPhone 3G and 4 and iPad) i had no problem, with the tutorial they wrote on the site.
    I tryed in win7 and vista.

Anyway, for best result, use ad-hoc connection, set the port they say in the site and the ip adress you read with "ipconfig".
    (cause it seems that pd isn't connect with the iPad)
    Use midiyoke ( install as administrator)

http://hexler.net/software/touchosc

I'll try to unistall everything and then install another time.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Hi Cionni -

Thanks for the reply. I've tried to set up an ad-hoc network & I can get the ipad to connect to the host computer. I put the IP address of the host computer in the settings for TouchOSC. Additionally, I set the ports to 8000 outgoing and 9000 incoming. Am I doing something incorrectly here? PS I have tried to reinstall everything as well. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser Smith View Post
    Hi Cionni -

Thanks for the reply. I've tried to set up an ad-hoc network & I can get the ipad to connect to the host computer. I put the IP address of the host computer in the settings for TouchOSC. Additionally, I set the ports to 8000 outgoing and 9000 incoming. Am I doing something incorrectly here? PS I have tried to reinstall everything as well. Any other suggestions?
    tomorrow i'll try with my pc another time (i unistalled everything time ago), and i'll let you know.
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Tech Mentor

Well first set your ports to 5000 and 9001, thats what I use and I am pretty sure everyone else even though outqoing doesn't matter. Also make sure you install midiyoke with administrator settings off (in win7 it would not install for me because of that). Then make sure in PD you set the MIDI settings to midiyoke 1. Then goin into traktor and import your tsi as well as setting your input to midiyoke1

I currently am trying it out on a dual boot of XP which I have partitioned just for dj'ing, so the Midi Yoke & Administrator problem isn't present here.

Ok - so I have tried to re-do my patch from scratch.

My steps so far:
    generated patch using touchosc2pd

set up ad-hoc network only on pc
    connected to ad-hoc network in ipad settings via wifi
    ran ipconfig on pc to get ip address (169.254.118.37)
    started up touchOSC
    set this address as host
    port outgoing set to 5000
    port incoming set to 9001
    picked the layout above

set midi out in pd to midi yoke 1

tested - nuthin

in pd:
    added 'mrpeach' to startup
    inserted 'import mrpeach'
    changed 'dumpOSC' to 'unpackOSC'
    changed 'OSCroute' to 'routeOSC'

tested - nuthin

in pd:
    inserted 'udpreceive' - I've also tried setting this up as 'udpreceive 8000'
    inserted 'pipelist'
    inserted 'unpackOSC'

still nuthin

I think that my problem is some sort of network problem. Reason being is that the wifi dongle I use for this, when I connect midi Touch on the ipad & use dsmidiwifi it blinks when I send a signal. However, the dongle just blinks on and off rather than on when I send a signal.

Thanks to everyone for their help - I want this to work so bad!

aaaaaaaand I'm ready for a drink

Nobody has any other suggestions? Seriously probably going to buy a MBP because of this...