launchpad midi interference
    Tech Student

Default launchpad midi interference

hi, so recently(5 days ago) i got a hercules mk4 mixer and launchpad for dj use in ableton. i had a set laid out in ableton before hooking up either one. i then used the set with these new controllers, everything worked fine until today. when i tried using effect controls mapped on the mk4 it would light up several lights on the launchpad. everytime i hit the effect, more lights would light up. one of the lights that lighted up would control the mapped effect, even though i never mapped any control on the launchpad.

sorry if this is confusing, but thanks for any help

Tech Student

this just happened again expect with a midi keyboard i mapped functions to

you need to find a way to change the midi notes that launchpad is sending out
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Tech Student

oh ok thanks ill try and see what i can do with automap

somehow you must be routing the midi input from the mk4 back into the launchpad via a midi track etc i presume in ableton. i've never had any problems with my launchpad no matter how many controllers i have plugged in - tho don't use ableton too much.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

i found out what the problem was. i had both controllers on the same midi input. i changed both inputs and now im fine!