PIONEER T1. Finally have your say properly - Page 6

View Poll Results: How do you like the controller?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuck it, who cares. I don't

44 52.38%
  • Really am not bothered

28 33.33%
  • Dude!! That's my mum dawg!! GTFO

9 10.71%
  • Love the look and feel!

6 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Option:

- Should Brad Be Banned From Making Polls
    I'll make a poll for that!
    Last edited by BradCee; 02-14-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Default Pioneer T1 or S4 Who cares!

People are judging something that they clearly have not tried. We need to stop generalizing about what pioneer is doing and lets look at the facts. If you go to a club most likely you will see Pioneer CDJ's. Why? THEY ARE REALIABLE! personally I think it's good that pioneer is getting into the game. We need this because it keeps the drive for creativity going. Personally I feel both unit will appeal to different types of DJ's. So let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Peace

Traktor Pro 1.27, EKS Otus, Behringer DDM4000, Maschine 1.6 Beta, NI Kontrol X1, AKAI APC40 W/ Ableton 8, Mac Pro 2.66 Quad Core, imac 2.0 GHZ

Quote Originally Posted by antonio913 View Post
    People are judging something that they clearly have not tried. We need to stop generalizing about what pioneer is doing and lets look at the facts. If you go to a club most likely you will see Pioneer CDJ's. Why? THEY ARE REALIABLE! personally I think it's good that pioneer is getting into the game. We need this because it keeps the drive for creativity going. Personally I feel both unit will appeal to different types of DJ's. So let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Peace

Traktor Pro 1.27, EKS Otus, Behringer DDM4000, Maschine 1.6 Beta, NI Kontrol X1, AKAI APC40 W/ Ableton 8, Mac Pro 2.66 Quad Core, imac 2.0 GHZ
    I wonder if I bring this bad boy into the booth and people will say it's sick because it's Pioneer or if it's stupid because it's a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
    I wonder if I bring this bad boy into the booth and people will say it's sick because it's Pioneer or if it's stupid because it's a controller.
    I'd say it's stupid because it's a pioneer controller.
    Vestax Spin | Kontrol x1 | Traktor Pro | 13" Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4 GB RAM | Mac Pro w/ 2 Quad Core 2.8 Ghz 6GB RAM 1TB HDD | HDJ-1000

INSTINKT

Default Short Review of the DDJ-T1

"I already posted this on another thread, but felt it would do more good here on this one"

I purchased the Pioneer DDJ-T1 about one week ago and have had nothing but an awesome experience with it. Traktor Pro 2 already had the controls mapped out in a preset, so I just had to install the drivers (in windows 7) and then plug the controller in. I read someone saying the audio was terrible but I can't hear any discernible differences, I am outputting the audio from the DDJ-T1 through my M-Audio ProFire610 soundcard out to my JBL LSR series monitors and subwoofer.

Sounds Amazing. No different than listening to something directly on the computer. Plenty of bass and high's.

The jogwheel latency issue some experienced at trade shows or whatever, not an issue for me at all. I set the buffer to 128 and it gives me a 1.5ms latency time. If you can honestly say that you can notice a 1.5 MILLISECOND difference in time I applaud you. For me even the smallest cuts and chops for scratching were fine. The crossfader is loose enough to crab on with no problem. If I blow on the crossfader it will make it to the halfway point at least just with air. I didn't even mess with the curve settings, by default it was good enough for scratching, I'm sure I could get it to really cut if I turned the curve on the crossfader to sharp

The "shell" of the unit can feel plasticky at times, the front bezel of the unit is a bit thin, but the entire underside of the unit is metal construction, only the sides, back, front, and top are plastic.

Setting cue points, triggering loops, fx, and everything is very intiutive. The layout mimicks traktor so it's very easy to navigate and it just makes sense.

Also, the needledrop stripsearch area is broken down into five "sections"... (i.e. white lines seperating the entire strip) that are unmapped by default. If you map them, when you hold the shift button the strip search would turn into 5 touch buttons for whatever you want... such as the sample deck control everyone seems to want that the s4 has. It also has 4 hot cue buttons with a shift button that can turn that into 8 so you have 8 hot cues with another 5 buttons for sample decks.

I'm not a professional DJ, I am a producer trying to learn the craft, but I've already been through a numark mixtrack, vestax vci-100mkii (both got returned because I just wasn't feeling them, the vestax had a high pitch feedback issue on the master out) and have tried every dj software they make.

Traktor 2 and the Pioneer DDJ-T1 is what I'm sticking with

Just hoping this review will shed some more light on the product. I hear a lot of people complaining about it, but not many have actually used one.

INSTINKT

Default Just had to add this.

I also found it online for $950 and zzounds.com price matched, and beat their price by $5, so I got the controller for $945 with FREE shipping. They also split up the total in 4 payments but send you the unit after your initial payment and then you just pay it off.

Just a heads up to anyone that hasn't used the site yet. No I do not work for them, but I have shitty credit and they still allow us gear heads to get the shit we need and then just pay it off

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456