Just a thought - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    Its not beatport its the labels imposing these stupid restrictions. Why would beatport willingly prevent people giving them money? Its just not logical business practise. This being said, if i cant get the tune i want from them, i will find alternative ways of aquiring said tune. fuck 'em
    sometimes its one or two tracks on a compilation, now that really GRINDS MY GEARS.
    Try South Africa gentlemen . There probably isn't a SINGLE purchase I've made on BP that doesn't include a restricted track Even worse is buying books from the Kindle store on Amazon. Junodownload has less restrictions to South Africa. Boomkat would be a good alternative - IF they did WAV. No - FLAC is NOT 'the same' Boomkat.

so do i!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i've only ever been hit by one restriction on juno download in 4 years or so of using it...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Thats because youre in the uk. id say half that store is restricted on this side of the pond.

most of the time im having to order shit out of poland (seriously) to get a track thats restricted by beatport.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    Thats because youre in the uk. id say half that store is restricted on this side of the pond.

most of the time im having to order shit out of poland (seriously) to get a track thats restricted by beatport.
    that's messed up... no one wants to pretend they're polish to get tunes.

i really don't get restrictions, it's like saying 'no fat chicks'

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Try South Africa gentlemen . There probably isn't a SINGLE purchase I've made on BP that doesn't include a restricted track Even worse is buying books from the Kindle store on Amazon. Junodownload has less restrictions to South Africa. Boomkat would be a good alternative - IF they did WAV. No - FLAC is NOT 'the same' Boomkat.
    So once again im confused. Why all the restrictions, Its the internet, this is a global economy, What the deal, why restrict anyone, its just pushes them to use torrent sites?
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bradcee View Post

i really don't get restrictions, it's like saying 'no fat chicks'
    lmfao!!!
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Djtom420 View Post
    So once again im confused. Why all the restrictions, Its the internet, this is a global economy, What the deal, why restrict anyone, its just pushes them to use torrent sites?
    I don't get it either. Spent a week or so trying to find Ultimate Ear Triple Fi10's in South Africa. The Logitech distributors are 'not allowed to distribute the product in South Africa'

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    I don't get it either. Spent a week or so trying to find Ultimate Ear Triple Fi10's in South Africa. The Logitech distributors are 'not allowed to distribute the product in South Africa'
    Have someone order them for you in the states and USPS them to you.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast