Beginners Question: Hooking up Speakers to Audio 2 DJ

Default Beginners Question: Hooking up Speakers to Audio 2 DJ

Hey guys I just purchased a VCI-100 SE from DJTT as my first DJ midi mixer :eek: Hopefully the seemingly limitless functions won't be too overwhelming. As you probably guessed from the title, I am a complete beginner when it comes to the "technical" aspect of DJ'ing but I have a strong will and desire to learn and hopefully this will still be a part of my life in the far future. So any help using "simple terms" would be appreciated.

Along with the vci100SE I bought an Audio 2 DJ external sound card that will come soon. I have the Boston BA4800 4.1 PC speakers and I don't plan on getting speakers any louder/bigger than this at the moment since I live in an On-Campus Apartment with a book worm that hates any kind of noise.

The problem is this: The Boston BA4800 has 2 (3.5mm) Stereo Outputs (1 for the front and 2nd for the rear). How would I be able to connect these 4 speakers and also be able to use my headphones cue to listen to the next track? I only know that I would need some type of 2 RCA female to 1 3.5mm stereo jack but not exactly sure which type/model and don't want to blow out the sub/speakers. If anyone can give me a specific link to purchase the necessary components that would be awesome.

Sorry for the long read and any help GREATLY appreciated!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I can't find much info on those speakers. They should all connect to one thing which I think is the sub in your case. Then your Aduio2 will connect to the in on the sub. A cable like this should be what you need.

http://www.buy.com/prod/belkin-y-aud.../10029279.html

As far as cueing goes your headphones will connect to the other out on the Audio 2. You'll then set up the routing preferences in your software to be able to cue.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yes your right about how all the speakers connect to the sub. I'm a little confused about the link you sent me (2 RCA Male to 1 Stereo Male). Doesn't the Audio 2 DJ come with 2 sets of wires that connects from the Audio 2 DJ to 2 Male RCAs? So for conversion wouldn't I need from Female RCAs --> Male Stereo Headphones --> Subwoofer?

Here is the PDF manual for my speakers: http://dl.owneriq.net/4/4f87f3b1-e6b...b32575f291.pdf

Thanks for the quick reply btw

My bad you're correct. Or you could get a 3.5 mm - 3.5 mm stereo cable and use a headphone adapter into the Audio 2.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Oo I see. Thanks for clarifying the outs and ins of the Audio 2 DJ. It seems like I can't connect 4 speakers to it AND headphones since theres only 2 outs. Ah well

i made that mistake with my first soundcard. after a little while i got lucky and a fellow dj in town was selling his presonus firebox for super cheap......

Do the speakers not connect to the sub in that speaker set? There are no input's on the Audio 2 only outs.
    Chris Jennings FHP

My mistake I got the ins and outs confused. I mean to say that theres only 2 OUTS on the Audio 2 DJ.

Yes the 4 speakers do connect to the sub. But the problem is, is that theres TWO stereo outputs coming out from the sub: One stereo output for the 2 Front pair speakers and another for the 2 Rear pair speakers. I want to connect these two wires to the Audio 2 DJ AND the headphones to cue the next track but theres only 2 outs.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you cannot without a poweramp. You can't directly hook the speakers to the sound card. It has to connect through a power amp. If these are just regular computer speakers.

Can anyone confirm this?

if i'm reading this right, can't you just use an adapter to hook the sub to the A2, then link the speakers to that. and use other hole for headphones?

failing that, cut the plugs off the ends of the cables, strip them back a bit to expose the wiring, twist them together, use sticky tape to hold it neatly and solder it into the A2?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud