Scooby's Map for Traktor Scratch Pro & Korg nanoPAD - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

hey scoob, GREAT work on this man. an idea for the effects, u should have the x/y for FX1 also control the wet/dry

seriously awesome layout, good job.

Talking ok I have the pro...

and the xy pad non run... I making some wrong?

thanx!

Me too... non X/Y control on Effects Scene

Tech Convert

For all those having problems with the X/Y pad: the problem is that you aren't loading global data to the korg. For some reason, you can load individual scenes OR you can do a global upload, and while the individual scenes get you the pads, XY info is only loaded when you do the global upload. It's in a menu somewhere, and I don't have my nanoPad with me so I can't find it exactly right now, but basically look through the menus for something along the lines of "upload global data." If you find it, post it here. If not and you're still lost, post back and I'll see if I can find it when I get home.

Unrelated, I'm actually working on building on top of this for the Pad, with the addition of two iPhone OS based additional controllers probably to control play functions while FX and cues are left to the nanoPad. We'll see what I come up with, but it should be fun. Fair warning, it'll probably be mac-only since I'll probably use OSC and I'll build my own OSC to MIDI translator patch in quartz composer.

Quote Originally Posted by RobMallinder View Post
    With me being a total noob to this stuff, where do i add the tsi 2?

Cheers guys

In traktor preferences there is a midi mapping section down the bottom click import and then locate the file youve saved from the top of this thread.

BANG!!!! BOBS YOUR FRIKKIN UNCLE!!!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Great work! But i still can't seem to get the xy working properly

Tech Convert

For anyone who is having trouble with the XY pad:

From Korg KONTROL Editor, you can read/write data to/from the pad in two ways. You can read/write SCENE data, which ONLY pertains to the PADS in the current scene, and you can also read/write GLOBAL data, which is what you have to do in order to write XY pad data.

To reiterate, what you need to do in order to get scooby's config onto the pad is to load the config into KONTROL Editor, then click the "Global" button in the top right corner. Click "write" and that should load the ENTIRE config to the pad, including the XY data.

Thanks for the tsi thats great, just need to find one for the kontrol now, any ideas?
    you cant beat a better bit of butter on your knife!

i alreay fixed it but thnx anyway guys

Tech Convert

No problem!

Dean, they're not terribly difficult to make. It's mostly just a lot of keeping track of what you've assigned to what. Essentially, everything on the pad (or Kontrol) is assigned to a "note" which exists in a specific channel. Midi has 16 of these channels, but rarely do you need that many since each channel has 128 possible notes. In addition, each note is sent with a "velocity" which is intended to be a measure of how hard you hit it. The 'Pad, for example, has pressure-sensitive pads, so if you tap one lightly, the volume of the instrument you trigger is lower. Finally, there are also CC messages (cc meaning control channel) which are like notes but instead are sent as a value that updates something in the program, say, a slider.

The point of all that is it's basically a matching game. Everything that changes a knob or slider in your program should be set up as a CC message from the Kontrol. More to the point, they should already be set up like that by default, so what I'd recommend is this: open KONTROL editor and change the global channel for your kontrol. This makes sure you don't overlap any existing configuration. Then, (if you're on mac) you can use the program midigram (http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Audio/Midigram.shtml) to see in real time what message each of the knobs/sliders in each scene sends. Then, just add those to the Midi config in preferences of your program, set up for what you want them to do.

It'll probably take some getting used to, but as you play around, you'll get a better sense of how to wire everything up to do what you want.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast