Scooby's Map for Traktor Scratch Pro & Korg nanoPAD
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Scooby's Map for Traktor Scratch Pro & Korg nanoPAD

Repost from the NI Forums:

Well everybody, I'm hooked on Traktor, back in love with DJing, and blew an easy $60 on the Korg nanoPAD after I ended up watching TONS of Zabelia YouTube vids over the last 2 days.

I haven't documented the whole thing but here's my midi mapping for the Korg. This was designed for 2 decks and to be used with turntable control. Top Row is always Deck A and bottom is always B. All I'll tell you is scene 1 is browsing and loading, and playing tracks. Scene 2 is looping. Scene 4 is Effects. I also designed it so that FX1 has 3 effects and FX2 only has 1. The Effect On/Offs are the modifiers for the XY and their respective amounts. It has taken me about 6 hours to take this this far. I use a lot of modifiers to map things to the XY Pad.

You WILL need to load my software into the Korg using the KORG KONTROL Editor. You'll see both files in the ZIP.

No support will be given. YMMV. This is Freeware. Enjoy

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot, that's an awesome mapping. Do you ever run into the problem that the XY just doesn't control the effects?

EDIT: Just kidding, I guess I'd just transferred the korg programming incorrectly, I reworked it and it works fine now. Thanks again for the sick setup!
    Last edited by whitty; 01-01-2009 at 04:05 PM.

hey thanks, i liked your nanopad setup.
    i have a small problem, once i added your .TSI it seems to remove all the settings for my faderfox - so i can either have one or the other going....

is there a way to merge two .TSI files?

Tech Convert

It's probably just that all of the controlls that the nanopad setup maps are the same as the controls from the faderfox, but a different mapping (so the stuff the faderfox once did now doesn't happen, and instead some of the faderfox controls overlap the nanopad). You have two options: reprogram the faderfox outputs (if you have a program to do so similar to KORG KONTROL editor) and add new mappings in TSP (settings>midi at the bottom) (This option's sort of a pain in the ass, but guaranteed to work if you do it right. Mostly it just takes a lot of time) OR if you don't have a program to edit the outputs, you'll have to totally remap the nanopad to use different control signals, which is an even bigger pain in the ass.

Unfortunately, there's no way that I know of to just click go and have the two tsp settings merged so they don't stomp on each other's toes.

Tech Convert

Scooby, did you just not map any of the middle two scenes (2/3) to anything? I'm looking through the control setup in the midi tab of TSP settings, and I can't find anything that's tied to keys other than in scenes 1 and 4. I'd have assumed the middle two scenes at least contained cue triggering or something. If this is not true, and I'm correct, I'll fill that out myself and re post it here, but if I'm just wrong, I'd rather not do the extra work needlessly

Tech Convert

I have T-Pro, no Scratch and no other controller apart from a nanoPAD. Anyone has a map that will let me use it on its own? I have played around but while the pads work, the XY doesn't at all.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Scooby, did you just not map any of the middle two scenes (2/3) to anything?
    on scene 2 is loop-control!

With me being a total noob to this stuff, where do i add the tsi 2?

Cheers guys

Tech Wizard

i got my nano pad yesterday, is the tsi can work with Vci-100 together, and how??? TY

hey... you dont have the file in .trk for traktor 3 or pro... no scratch... no run whit .tsi files!

sorry for my english... is bad!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast