Insurance on Gear? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    For those in the UK I heartily recommend djguard.co.uk - covers your gear at home, in a club, and locked in the car or a secure area in somewhere you played, and gives you public liability insurance and accidental damage (which has just paid out on my last laptop)
    I've just been looking at their site and think I might get covered by them. How was your experience with claiming for your laptop? Were they easy to deal with?

Also, do you mind if I ask how much you pay for your policy? If you can remember that is!

Tech Wizard

Another +1 for DJGuard.......fantastic service.
    My Soundcloud page: Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    I've just been looking at their site and think I might get covered by them. How was your experience with claiming for your laptop? Were they easy to deal with?

Also, do you mind if I ask how much you pay for your policy? If you can remember that is!
    Phoned them up, described what had happened, showed them the reciept and sent them the laptop for assessement. They then sent me out to buy a new one and I sent them the reciept to show I had ... easy
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    For those in the UK I heartily recommend djguard.co.uk - covers your gear at home, in a club, and locked in the car or a secure area in somewhere you played, and gives you public liability insurance and accidental damage (which has just paid out on my last laptop)
    Sounds really nifty, do you know if they cover theft?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Sounds really nifty, do you know if they cover theft?
    That would be niccceee.. Buy a DB4, it gets "stolen", now you and your best mate have DB4's!! :eek::eek:

(This is theft and I am in no way encouraging anyone to break any laws.)
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    Buy a DB4, it gets "stolen", now you and your best mate have DB4's!! :eek::eek:

(This is theft and I am in no way encouraging anyone to break any laws.)
    Also fraud too. I wonder if the insurance company will mind??
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    Also fraud too. I wonder if the insurance company will mind??
    Bah, I've never missed a car payment and only totalled one car.. I think we would be about even after they bought me a DB4.
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Tech Guru

Haven't read any responses but I spent about £140 on a years insurance. The good thing is I pay in monthly instalments so it's not like I gotta fork out in one lump. I highly recommend it. Soon as I got the email confirming I was insured it felt like a massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was in Tenerife when I took the policy out as I heard apartments got robbed all the time. Plus like the OP when I walked through certain areas of London I kept thinking to myself I got like over a grand & a half in gear in my bag. Potentially easy pickings for a knife wielding crack head.

I am also covered for laptop breakdown so should my laptop die for what ever reason regardless of where I am they will replace it for a new model within 24 hours (or maybe its 48) either way, Im happy with that. All my gear is covered from my audio 8 to my launchpad to my laptop and even my external Lacie hard drive which never leaves the house unless Im goin to a studio.

DJ guard is who I am insured with. Believe me I rang around quite a few companies and they couldnt be beat not only on price but with the level of cover.

I was more asking about theft since I think besides spillages the only way my laptop or sound card would vanish is through theft.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12