Mixed in Key Poll - Page 3

View Poll Results: Mixed in Key?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use it, and I've found its actually really accurate.

22 48.89%
  • Yes I use it, and it pisses me off because its wrong most of the time.

3 6.67%
  • No, I dont use it, don't know anyone that does.

12 26.67%
  • No, I dont use it, but I know someone that does and it seems pretty accurate.

5 11.11%
  • No, I dont use it, but I know someone that does and they swear its wrong all the time.

3 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

haha what, "president of polls" doesn't work for you? lol

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    haha what, "president of polls" doesn't work for you? lol
    I like this better
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I think the % accuracy is misleading, as even the ones that it gets wrong are still likely to be in keys relatively harmonic to each other. I use it anyway, not religiously, but as an additional tool.
    This.

Lets say it's 60% accurate.....so if it's 1 number off I guess that would fall in the other 40, but truth is when mixing using the MIK numbers one number up or down go well with each other and 2 numbers off are not that off. So when selecting songs having that tool to narrow down selections even it's one number off is still a great tool. It's worth the 60 bucks.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    This.

Lets say it's 60% accurate.....so if it's 1 number off I guess that would fall in the other 40, but truth is when mixing using the MIK numbers one number up or down go well with each other and 2 numbers off are not that off. So when selecting songs having that tool to narrow down selections even it's one number off is still a great tool. It's worth the 60 bucks.
    The categories need to be those used by DJTT, correct, compatible and wrong.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Yeeeeeeeeah booooooooyiiieeeeee
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I didn't vote because there's not an option for using it as a guide. It's in between Very accurate and wrong.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I use the key detection in Trainspotter. Not always right on but that's what we have ears for right?

If it doesn't sound right i "tune" it in traktor +-2; after that it starts sounding "unnatural".

Mixing harmonically is an important skill set, but lets face it, no one has the time to sit by the piano to check the results of every tune.

Gotta work that ear to do it on the fly!
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I didn't vote because there's not an option for using it as a guide. It's in between Very accurate and wrong.
    +1
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

its good enough.

ean said something to the effect of "30% its spot on, 30% its relative to the key, the rest is off." considering the state of the american school system, thats damn close to passing and gets use in my book. also, it appears when its wrong, its usually because of some larger change in the song - tempo, samples, or a transition of sorts, so you kinda know to begin with when its gonna be wrong.

even at 30% compared to the 0% i would have keyed with the piano because im lazy, its worth it.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Most of my house stuff is bang on, only ever had problems with a few drum and bass songs. Dont know anything about accuracy of the BPM counter tho, ive heard thats a bit skew.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast