Korg Nano Series 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does anybody know when these will be available in the US? Can't wait to see if the new NanoKey2 is better than the LPK25. I'm not a fan of the LPK25's stiff keys.

I own the nanopad2 and nanokontrol2 , the nanokontrol2 is well worth the money, the nanopad2 is not, I played with the nanokey2 for a bit, they are a bit better than the first nanokey but not as good as the lpk25

I recommend the korg microkey - feels much better
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Personally I don't really see the point in the kontrol 2 over the kontrol 1. I've not actually seen it in the flesh but I doubt the build quality is good enough for a greater than 65% price increase and loss of a fader.

Tech Convert

One question, does it receive midi for LED feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiss View Post
    One question, does it receive midi for LED feedback?
    in nanoKontrol2? MAYBE

because when using the mackie hui emulation, when you click on the record/solo on the screen with the mouse, the record/solo button on the nanoKontrol2 lights up, so they are in sync with each other, so with some midi mapping knowledge you may be able to do midi LED feedback
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    in nanoKontrol2? MAYBE

because when using the mackie hui emulation, when you click on the record/solo on the screen with the mouse, the record/solo button on the nanoKontrol2 lights up, so they are in sync with each other, so with some midi mapping knowledge you may be able to do midi LED feedback
    Now this is a big improvement!

Who can confirm that?

I just hate the fact that NKontrol 1 doesn't have led feedback on the buttons, Makes me go nuts when I have to press the button two times to reflect what shows in my screen

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Now this is a big improvement!

Who can confirm that?

I just hate the fact that NKontrol 1 doesn't have led feedback on the buttons, Makes me go nuts when I have to press the button two times to reflect what shows in my screen
    There's a parameter guide on the official site of Korg which states that LEDs can be turned on or off internally (like on the old nanopad) or externally (by CC messages from your pc).

You can check it out on page 9 of the parameter guide.

Looks like I might buy myself one, it has the ideal PCB for modding. 16 analogue inputs, 35 digital inputs (buttons), 30 digital outputs (LEDs), entirely bus powered and no programming needed, just set the controller to CC mode, and you can assign everything you want...

I don't think there is an alternative which is cheaper and easier?

Tech Guru

worth a try for sure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12