Mapping for korg padkontrol, traktor pro mapping commands list for begginers.??
    Tech Wizard

Default Mapping for korg padkontrol, traktor pro mapping commands list for begginers.??

hello everyone, right i have traktor scratch pro, numark mixtrack pro and korg padkontrol... i have got mixtrack pro working very well in traktor now but i am having difficulty mapping my korg padkontrol with traktor pro.. i have hot cues and some effects setup working great on padkontrol but ive seen a video of the remix decks being used on the padkontrol and i cant find the mapping or the mapping commands to create my own .tsi file to do this.. is there a list of commands for mapping and what each command does.. or is there any information or manuals that will help me map my padkontrol to the remix decks..
    thanks all
    darren
    Last edited by fullenglishpint; 01-04-2013 at 11:08 AM.

I've decapitalised your post. Please don't write in capitals, it just makes everything harder to read and annoys people. Welcome to the forum btw.

You can only control the top 4 cells of a remix deck with a controller unless you have the Kontrol F1 or a Midifighter 3D, or a piece of 3rd party middleware which translates your midi commands into mouse clicks. in other words it's a pain in the ass to try and make it work with a padkontrol.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

I'm working on a solution to have the padKontrol working with Traktor, but I am not sure I want to try to control the remix decks with it though. Not more than what have done so far. I can trigger 16 samples, can browse through the page samples but it's a pain in the arse to get the other stuff going. Biggest problem is that I must emulate the mouse positions and clicks to trigger samples and a lot more.
    Mouse emulation means that you can't trigger two samples at the same time (although the commands could be slightly delayed) and might work if snap and quantized are activated.
    Anyhow I think I ll wait until N.I makes the decks controllable via midi. In the meantime the padKontrol remains a great piece of hardware that I control via Sysex messages, this way I have full control on all its lights and all pads et buttons, rotary etc...Something not possible when the PK is in normal mode, I have the slicer working with lights feedback (like on the twich/serato) and several banks of fx for different decks. On top of it, I can still use 2*4 samples, which isn't that bad.
    Anyway is there anything else you' d like to do with the Pk, other than trying to emulate the F1/mdf3d ?
    DJR-400//VCI-400//VCI-100(MK1)//padKontrol//KP3//Maschine//APC40

Tech Wizard

i am new to this forum thing and not sure if i have used the correct reply tab.. ok so if i cannot use padkontrol as kontrol f1 i would like to just get an advanced knowlege of mapping it for effects, layered effects or chained effects, and cue's.. please keep in mind i am fluent with computers but programming midi messages etc is spanish to me as i only have a basic understanding.. sysex messages i have never hered of.. ive been mixing for around 8 yeard but with 2 direct drive turntables and a mixer.. but this new age (digital djing) is faw more expressive and has a bigger impact on the crowd so im after anything that will wow people as such..
    also in traktor they have effects.. can you download more effects for traktor as virtual dt allows you to import your downloaded effects folders..
    if you have any good tips and any information or manuals that will help me with mapping the padkontrol to traktor pro or any padkontrol mappings i can download and try out would seriously make my day as i have spent the last 2 months trying to get decent information and was told to try this forum and i have got to say... sorry for these capitals.. but THIS FORUM IS PROVING TO BE BLOODY AWSOME ALREADY (less than 24 hours of finding it).
    thank you guys for you help..
    keep it up your brilliant,
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by soulpixel View Post
    I'm working on a solution to have the padKontrol working with Traktor, but I am not sure I want to try to control the remix decks with it though. Not more than what have done so far. I can trigger 16 samples, can browse through the page samples but it's a pain in the arse to get the other stuff going. Biggest problem is that I must emulate the mouse positions and clicks to trigger samples and a lot more.
    Mouse emulation means that you can't trigger two samples at the same time (although the commands could be slightly delayed) and might work if snap and quantized are activated.
    Anyhow I think I ll wait until N.I makes the decks controllable via midi. In the meantime the padKontrol remains a great piece of hardware that I control via Sysex messages, this way I have full control on all its lights and all pads et buttons, rotary etc...Something not possible when the PK is in normal mode, I have the slicer working with lights feedback (like on the twich/serato) and several banks of fx for different decks. On top of it, I can still use 2*4 samples, which isn't that bad.
    Anyway is there anything else you' d like to do with the Pk, other than trying to emulate the F1/mdf3d ?

Tech Wizard

or is there a mapping for the padkontrol to act as a midi fighter... as the padkontrol has 16 scenes could i have one scene as for example for the effects then a different scene for the padkontrol to act as midi fighter... if there any sites or manuals on traktors midi commands.. or something to help me learn these midi commands and how to use what command for what control.. if that makes sence..
    thanks again guys,
    Darren

Tech Wizard

Learning how to midi map is different than getting a midi map for a controller ;-)

Best way to learn is to create your own mapping from scratch, but having to learn traktor, your hardware and how to midi map can be tough.
    So here a link to get a padKontrol to a midifighter dunno If it works tho, but can help you get started: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...ntrol+mappings

Here , not a list but a visual reference for traktor commands: https://traktorbible.com/articles/ma...nd-finder.aspx
    That book can also help

Enjoy
    DJR-400//VCI-400//VCI-100(MK1)//padKontrol//KP3//Maschine//APC40