Mixtrack Mapping for Traktor Pro(4 hot cues,encoder loop size)+mixtrak button legend
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Mixtrack Mapping for Traktor Pro(4 hot cues,encoder loop size)+mixtrak button legend

Well.. first of all, this is just my second post in here. As a little introduction, I've been bedroom dj'ing for two months or so, so I'm still a noob in a lot of ways. I started Dj'ing using virtual Dj 7 using only a Numark X1USB Mixer plus my keyboard. Then I got my mixtrack a few days after new years and I used virtual DJ 7 with a custom mapping I made until I decided to try Traktor seriously.

What I first encountered with upon facing traktor was the absolute nightmare mapping seemed, so I looked in here for a few custom mappings that might be of any use to my style. In the end, the only one I was somehow satisfied with was Tgunn897's mapping but I had a hard time making it work.. actually, I couldn't lol. But it gave me a few ideas and guidelines about how to map stuff. So after 2 or 3 days I'm finally done with my custom mapping.

I first made myself a map as to know which button or encoder was what in Traktor's language, so here it is for any of you who needs it.

[ame="http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/thepancaker/?action=view&current=MixtrackButtonMap.jpg"]MixtrackButtonMap.jpg picture by thepancaker - Photobucket[/ame]
    I missed two leds on the diagram, but the "Folder LED" is G8 and the "File LED" is "F#8".

So, what's so interesting about this mapping?

- I like selecting a loops size by turning an encoder. Can't stand doubling or halving buttons. So I mapped the "select encoder" to cycle through loop sizes on the fly.
    - Since I select loop size with the encoder, I only need "loop in" and "loop out" (for manual loops) and "loop set" buttons (for automatic loops in conjunction with said encoder).
    - I wanted to be able to use each's deck filter, so I just used TGunn's mapping for that.
    - I wanted a few hot cues. I don't use them much so I just mapped 4 on each deck which is more than enough for me at the moment.
    - I don't need pitch bend buttons since that is what platters are for so I mapped them as shift for deleting hot cues and as a toggle to activate effect units.
    - I don't really need more than 2 effects so I just mapped the mixtrack to use 2 out of the 3. And since I'm lazy, I don't need advanced effects mode.
    - I wanted an effect mode toggle on and off as to use effects 1 and 2 and use the platter as well to use it as another encoder (pretty much like TGunn's mapping aswell, except for the third effect).
    - I also used Tgunn's browsing mode since it's quite nice. I don't need previews since I'd rather load a song on a deck if I need to preview something.
    - I need pitch faders cause I like 'em, simple, lol.
    -All leds work in a very simple "on and off" manner.

And I think that's pretty much it.

Here's a diagram of how everything works (I can't word everything on technical language so you'll have to try some of the buttons for yourselves)
    [ame="http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/thepancaker/?action=view&current=Encoderloopcuesdiagram.jpg"]Encoderloopcuesdiagram.jpg picture by thepancaker - Photobucket[/ame]

And here's the mapping.. hope you guys like it. Let me know if any of you optimizes it somehow

Cheers!

Tech Student

Default cant download ur tsi

hey im trying top donwload ur tsi but for somereason it wont let me ... any ideas?? of if u could email me the tsi file my email is breakleo@hotmail.com

Dunno why it wouldn't let you download it... but sure, I'll email you the tsi right away.

hi

please could you email me your map file as well as it wont let me download either

thanks

Tech Student

thank you i got it... i also changed it a little bit if u want it let me know ima post it on the main forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker101 View Post
    hi

please could you email me your map file as well as it wont let me download either

thanks
    Email sent!

Quote Originally Posted by breakleo View Post
    thank you i got it... i also changed it a little bit if u want it let me know ima post it on the main forum.
    Sure! I'd really like to see the changes you made.

Re uploaded the tsi file on this post. Hopefully you guys will be able to download it this time. If not, just pm me your email and i'll send it to you asap.

Here is my modded Traktor mappings for Mixtrack.
    You can download it from the attachment.
    Cheers:SalineWater

Tech Student

hi, i've got a mixtrack pro, and your tsi doesn't seem to be compatible, but i like your layout, and was wondering how to set a 'shift' button? also, any ideas on setting the leds? cheers

Tech Wizard

Would you be able to do a map of the led's?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast