My favorite Beatslicer settings - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Double check that the button modes are set to direct where applicable and if you've got any modifiers those are correct.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    Also, i wanted to give me more possibilities by using a switch to advanced by pressing the same button, since i normally have my effectunits set to chained mode. That makes it three steps to take in one go.
    It should change to advanced and change the parameters with the first press, then play with the second press. This is how mine works anyway. Really wish it was all in one press and instant, but like you said, once it's on beatslicer, one press of the other slicer buttons works fine.

Anyone have an explanation? or Does anyone have it (or similar super button)do everything with one press?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    It should change to advanced and change the parameters with the first press, then play with the second press. This is how mine works anyway. Really wish it was all in one press and instant, but like you said, once it's on beatslicer, one press of the other slicer buttons works fine.

Anyone have an explanation? or Does anyone have it (or similar super button)do everything with one press?
    That's how it works for me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

If you map to a fader (set as a button) it will do it all in one movement of the fader. Which is how I have the delays mapped.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Drew!

Just realized Ean's midi fighter mix uses premapped slicers, or looks like it to me anyway. 2 with a ton of buzz. I had watched it when it was first posted, really didn't pay close attention to how his Fx worked. Watched again tonight and payed attention lol. Not sure if they are all premapped. Anyway, times in video where he uses slicer are 1:30, 3:08,& 5:24http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8eB83axVvw
    Last edited by VanGogo; 01-23-2011 at 02:44 AM.

yeah, it's mapped with a "record" button that captures the slice and then eight buttons to play with different preset slicer settings while the sample stays on. It also triggers a loop so that when you're done messing around you go back into the song where you left off. Pretty smooth.

I wish there was an easier way to do midi-mapping. If the settings could be export-imported from text files that you could edit in other programs, it would be a lot easier to do these things. You kind of have to reinvent the wheel with every midi map.

Thanks for the info!
    The setting a loop thing is a good idea. I might try that instead of my current method.
    I have it set up for my beatmasher, but instead of a loop, after 4 beats I turn off play while the beatmasher plays. When I am ready to continue the song, I have a button that turns off the masher and turns on play so the song begins where I left off. It works, but if you miss a beat when turning off play, you can tell when you restart. Even though I have practiced it enough to have it down, the loop may make this fool(me) proof.

+1 on the poor mapping editor.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 01-24-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Inspired by this post I've started mapping the spare buttons on my second X1, which essentially I'm using as a mixer. I've got effect units 1 and 2 as chained effects on my 1st X1, and decided (after finding out the 'steps' you have to take when you also have to map a switch to advanced) to leave them as they are.

Bare in mind i've got a 2 deck setup.

Instead, I'm using effect units 3 and 4 for the button mapping.

So, i've got it set up a bit like this:
    on the left i've got 6 buttons, on the right i've got six buttons.
    On top of that i've got an independent 'fx on' button for deck A and deck B.

With the left rows of buttons I can select one of the 6 effects that i find to come in handy for this system. I've managed to decide 4 already, being Delay, Slicer, Beatmash and Turntable fx. The other 2 will come one day.

On the right side I can create 5 presets for each of these effects, giving me quite a lot of quick options (6x5=30 presets)
    the 6th button on the right is the sampler. I've mapped effect unit 4 to that one, with slicer and a 2 bar setting. This way I have a 2 bar sampler for whatever I cook up with the button effects.
    This actually is a lot of fun to play with, as the buttons effects give a lot of juggle-like effects, so you can create a very funky 2 bar beat on the fly.

I hope this makes sense.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

perfect sense. I don't think you'll have the problem of not having enough buttons to map

Great thing about midi controllers, is the customization.

I truely believe how your controller/controls are set up affects your sound and how you play/affect the music.

It is also interesting to see how people use the same exact same settings (as in a pre-mapped controller like the S4) in different ways. Everyone thinks differently and developes their own flow and methods.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123