vci 100 or 300 or mk2 ??? please help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default vci 100 or 300 or mk2 ??? please help

hi there,

I hope I am posting this at the right spot. I have sold my dvs system and want to use a controller instead. I am thinking of going either for the vestax vci 300 or 100mk2 or 100. every device has its advantages and disadvantages what makes it really difficult to make a decission. I really like the scratch performance of the vci 300 but it kinda pisses me of that I have to buy a vfx in addition to use the effects. it also doesn't have 4 deck support... so if I want to trigger my samples I need another device or hopefully the bridge+ableton(if itch 2.0 is ever released) which will also cost another few hundered dollars.
    so if I put all together I will spend at least 1000$ for a complete setup ...
    if I go for the vci 100 I need an additional soundcard and the 1.4 firmware upgrade...
    or I go for the 100mk2 which doesn't have the best soundcard and as far as I know also doesn't have 14 bit midi pitchfaders.

to sum it up.... is there anyone who can recommend me one of the controllers? All I want is ONE reliable device plus my macbook when I go spinning. or do you think it is worth spending a 1000$ and go for the vci 300 + vfx?
    oh, before I forget... I have to buy it asap... need to spin with it on the 31st...

thanks for your time...

Tech Mentor

....... Traktor S4?

does S4 have high resolution 14 bit midi pitchfaders?
    Last edited by Kotyara; 12-30-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Tech Mentor

what do you mix?....
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Well if you're looking at $1000 i'd be debating between the NI S4 and Denon MC-6000, which or both really solid controllers.

But honestly, at 1000 you can buy two numark V7's (with rebate that comes with it) as well as a mixer (Like the DDM4000) which would be the best setup INMHO.

But then again, if you want a single all-in-one thing, there's also the new numark 4-channel controller that's comming out soon, so if i were you i'd wait to see how that turns out.
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

Default thx

hi there,
    thanks for your reply... I was about to buy the s4 today but when I was standing in front of it I thought this is way to big for me... I have bought the mk2 now... will test it tonight on a big pa...
    cheers

Can you please tell me how it is? I'm considering buying the VCI100Mk2, VCI300Mk2 or the NI S4.

@ magnus

don't buy it. I will return it on monday. the soundcard is loud and clear but doesn't sound good at all. the knobs on the front panel feel very bad too. the buttons can also not be compared with the vci 300. the jog wheels don't work better than the ones of the vci 300 used with traktor, rather worse. same issue with the pitch faders. some of the led's do not shine bright enough(for my taste)... the only thing I like is the light weight and the feel of the eq and fx knobs. line and x-fader are also ok...

Well I'm going to Aage Copenhagen in March (that's when I have enough money for some gear) and then I'll try it out myself. I'm going to headphones too. I think I'm going for the AIAIAI (they are produced in Denmark. that is a plus). Should I be considering some other headphones? Anything else I maybe should be considering buying?

Asantehifi: Then what are you going to get instead of the S4?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Well I'm going to Aage Copenhagen in March (that's when I have enough money for some gear) and then I'll try it out myself. I'm going to headphones too. I think I'm going for the AIAIAI (they are produced in Denmark. that is a plus). Should I be considering some other headphones? Anything else I maybe should be considering buying?

Asantehifi: Then what are you going to get instead of the S4?

Im pretty sure he was talking about the vci 100 mk2 not the S4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast