APC40 - Subconcussion Mapping - SiCK Mapping

View Poll Results: So...what do you think?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesum! I'm speechless...

8 66.67%
  • I tell you what you have missed (please do so)

1 8.33%
  • The layout ain't my style

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation APC40 - Subconcussion Mapping - SiCK Mapping

This is THE most feature rich mapping to date of the APC40.

I have worked on it since August and while another version is up on DjTT, this is a completely revamped version with more features than any other mapping.

Still don't think it's enough?! Well I have run out of ideas to prop this mapping with so drop me a message if you want to have more stuff implemented. That is if you can possibly think of any!

For a link with a manual look here.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15669039/APC...concussion.zip

for those who like to test out without any knowledge of how it works download the tsi.

Here's a pic of it.

Tell your impression in the poll!
    Last edited by Subconcussion; 10-08-2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Added mapping picture.
    Spends time @DeNA. Djays @Lydskyen. Takes pictures and other crap to Subexistence Anything else you need to know!? Find me @Tokyo Tower

Tech Mentor

posting a pic of the mapping would help. saves downlolading and launching it.

very true! could use a pic diagram!
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Tech Convert

would love a preview pic before snaggin this!

Tech Convert

Talking Awesome

Hey man I've been playing around with this for the last few days, made a few little changes here and there getting rid of the fader lock and making the FX faders control the dry wet of the FX, made the reverb into made like a load to stopped deck button, fixed the thing where the browser layout toggle turns of the key lock (at least for me it was a fix ), I uploaded my last export so you can check it out. i will definitely be using this to DJ shows, however, i'll probably be putting more of my effort into making my own mapping to use with traktor alongside ableton, but this mapping has made traktor my go to program for just throwing down music, my little sister stepped up to it and just after pointing out some stuff she was rockin it.

I LOVED the Phase monitor thing or whatever the sync lights were but i'm pretty sure i messed that up and haven't gotten it working again, if you have a tsi with just the beat phase lights i would love to add that back in, and i'm sure many others would love to use to it as an add on to their mappings as well.

I'll probably be using the ideas of ur mapping as the base for my new project, but moving the play/sync, hotcues(maybe reduced to like 4 or 5), FX triggers, and some loop control, probably with some modifiers also to give me some more controls, all to the 5x8 pad freeing up the stop clips and the on/cue/arm controls for use in ableton.

I really like what you've done with the bottom row of effects buttons, the moving transform button, moving reverb, and the way the lofi thing sweeps from bit crush to the sample crush or whatevers goin down there, i've tried searching around for how to emulate it but can't get figure out how to get one button to move the parameter slider automatically, it would be great if you could point me in the right direction on that.

Thanks so much for putting in all the hard work that went into this, it's by far the most useful apc mapping i've come across, it's much appreciated!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by seannash View Post
    Hey man I've been playing around with this for the last few days, made a few little changes here and there getting rid of the fader lock and making the FX faders control the dry wet of the FX, made the reverb into made like a load to stopped deck button, fixed the thing where the browser layout toggle turns of the key lock (at least for me it was a fix ), I uploaded my last export so you can check it out. i will definitely be using this to DJ shows, however, i'll probably be putting more of my effort into making my own mapping to use with traktor alongside ableton, but this mapping has made traktor my go to program for just throwing down music, my little sister stepped up to it and just after pointing out some stuff she was rockin it.

I LOVED the Phase monitor thing or whatever the sync lights were but i'm pretty sure i messed that up and haven't gotten it working again, if you have a tsi with just the beat phase lights i would love to add that back in, and i'm sure many others would love to use to it as an add on to their mappings as well.

I'll probably be using the ideas of ur mapping as the base for my new project, but moving the play/sync, hotcues(maybe reduced to like 4 or 5), FX triggers, and some loop control, probably with some modifiers also to give me some more controls, all to the 5x8 pad freeing up the stop clips and the on/cue/arm controls for use in ableton.

I really like what you've done with the bottom row of effects buttons, the moving transform button, moving reverb, and the way the lofi thing sweeps from bit crush to the sample crush or whatevers goin down there, i've tried searching around for how to emulate it but can't get figure out how to get one button to move the parameter slider automatically, it would be great if you could point me in the right direction on that.

Thanks so much for putting in all the hard work that went into this, it's by far the most useful apc mapping i've come across, it's much appreciated!
    Thanks for all the hommage
    Yeah, some weeks went into the making of that mapping. Went quick at the end after I got XM mapping though...

Anyway downloaded your mapping and took a look at it. It seems you somehow deleted the browser module of that mapping. It's the browser module that contains the phase monitor. I cleaned up your tsi (deleted two unrelated controller maps and added back the browser module. Adding it back might have broken some things if you made edits, but those can easily be fixed by editing the browser module.

I'll upload three files basically.

1. Your .tsi that I fixed up (might need more fixing though)
    2. A mapping with only the phase monitor and the VU meter
    3. My current mapping which is a improved and somewhat fixed version of the original mapping.

Enjoi!

Oh and for an fx to increase while pushing a button you make an "fx x amount" bind it to the button you want and set it to - hold - increase- and tick the repeat action box at the bottom. You can also add a "fx x amount" bound to the same button set to - hold - direct - "some number"... and it will reset to that amount and increase from there every time you push and hold the button.

Over and out

-Subconcussion
    Last edited by Subconcussion; 01-16-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: forgot the attachments
    Spends time @DeNA. Djays @Lydskyen. Takes pictures and other crap to Subexistence Anything else you need to know!? Find me @Tokyo Tower

@Subconcussion Hi, which of the mappings should i download to test it out??? yours or seannash version?? thx
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Tech Convert

I'm just starting school again this week so it might be a little while before i can do some more work on this, but im stoked to get back at it again. The only problem i'm having with ur browser module is that it turns off the key lock when it changes views, but it's not that hard to get around. Again, thanks for the help!

@MrAybar you should download the Subcussion APC 40 tsi, it's his real one, when i get mine all worked out i'll probably be posting it in a new thread if you feel like checking it out.

Tech Convert

So i've been messin with things here and there but have kept the core layout, i've been thinking about getting xtreme mapping but i'm reading about people taking tsi's that are working and importing into xtreme, then when they take it back to traktor it's got problems. Any experience with this?

granted there's been a few times when i feel like traktor's just gone and changed some of my note mappings randomly, but that could just be user error

Tech Convert

nvm just downloaded xtreme, and away we go....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast