MidiFighter styled mapping on my APC40, problems with "sluring" my buttons. :/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MidiFighter styled mapping on my APC40, problems with "sluring" my buttons. :/

I'm working on my mapping for my APC40. I made a layer that turns a 4x4 grid of buttons all yellow and its all suppose to be for effects. i have a whole row for beatmashing at certian amounts and the row below for Transposing. It all works fine. But for one thing. If I'm holding down a beatmash button, and I want to increase the beatmash amount, my fingers want to "connect" like I'm sluring between two notes on a piano. BUT. when i do that, the Effect # on command for the next button doesn't go through. The amount will change, but the effect will turn off. If I hold a button down, release it, then press another one, making sure I didn't connect it, everything works like it should. But I'm far from happy with this. With quick mashing or transposing, making sure I don't connect buttons is pretty much impossible. :/

ALSO, a similar problem, if i have a button select a certain effect, set the amount, and turn it on, it won't turn the effect on. But it will set the amount and load the right effect. If i release the button and press it again, it works fine. But its rather annoying. :/
    It seems like something that would completely cripple someone using a midifighter. So there's gotta be a way to fix this. :/

Thanks!
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

bump. >.>

Is this such an obscure question that no one can help me? Besides Padi, theres gotta be someone out there with some advanced mapping skills under their belt. :/

Maybe you should put this post up in the mapping section bro?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

yep .. *teleport*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Whoa!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Lol. How does the instant Gradification mapping do it? I was looking at it and each of the 4 mash values have a modifier bound to 0 1 2 or 3. does someone understand it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSiniSter View Post
    Lol. How does the instant Gradification mapping do it? I was looking at it and each of the 4 mash values have a modifier bound to 0 1 2 or 3. does someone understand it? :P
    various modifiers are used in the instant grat mapping to create multiple layers etc - so depending on what 'state' you are in a button can do one of multiple things.

to have a button turn on an affect in an 'instant' type way you just need to map all of...

* FX Single > Effect Select (or Effect X Select for group mode)
    * FX Single > Effect Param X - if wanted etc
    * FX Single > Effect On (or Effect X On for group mode)
    * Mixer > Effect Unit X On

set them all to the same "Interaction Mode" etc to ensure they all happen at the same time

certainly no need for modifiers anyway just to do that - tho using modifiers can be chucked into the mix (lol) too ofc...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    various modifiers are used in the instant grat mapping to create multiple layers etc - so depending on what 'state' you are in a button can do one of multiple things.

to have a button turn on an affect in an 'instant' type way you just need to map all of...

* FX Single > Effect Select (or Effect X Select for group mode)
    * FX Single > Effect Param X - if wanted etc
    * FX Single > Effect On (or Effect X On for group mode)
    * Mixer > Effect Unit X On

set them all to the same "Interaction Mode" etc to ensure they all happen at the same time

certainly no need for modifiers anyway just to do that - tho using modifiers can be chucked into the mix (lol) too ofc...
    I realized the whole modifier thing is for super combos, which I don't care for cuz I have too many buttons to choose from anyways. :P My problem is when I press a button, I have to fully release it before pressing another one controlling the same effect. If I press the second one then release the first one, the first one will shut the effect off, even though the second one is still being pressed. :/

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSiniSter View Post
    I realized the whole modifier thing is for super combos, which I don't care for cuz I have too many buttons to choose from anyways. :P My problem is when I press a button, I have to fully release it before pressing another one controlling the same effect. If I press the second one then release the first one, the first one will shut the effect off, even though the second one is still being pressed. :/
    not specifically "super combos" but for multi function controls sure. in fact you probably need to use modifiers to solve your issue...

unless someone can think of an easier way... what i would do is for each button that interacts in this way:

* add a modifier thats set to "incr" when you press each button
    * set the same modifier to "dec" when you press each button
    * when you press any button have it enable any fx etc you want
    * when you release any button have it only disable the fx if the modifier is set to 1 (or maybe 0 - would need to try - dont remember the order they get processed in)

i.e: so the fx will then only disengage when its the last button being released
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast