New MF+S4 "Buddy" Mapping
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default New MF+S4 "Buddy" Mapping

v0.3 now available!

* MF+S4 Buddy meets MF Instant Gratification v1.02

* Moved Instant Gratification effects for decks A, B and C to Bank 2, 3 and 4, respectively.

* MF+S4 Buddy mapping located in Bank 1

* Added beat LEDs when Deck A and/or B is selected.

* Please follow all installation instructions for MF Instant Gratification (http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24514) -- make sure the "Preferences->Effects->FX Pre-selection" are in the same order as the original MF Instant Gratification mapping.

* Make sure the original "MF_FX 4Banks" mappings are not connected to any ports.

* Import the MF+S4 Buddy mapping as well as the three modified "MF_FX 4Banks" tsi files and assign to your Midi Fighter.

MF+S4 Buddy v0.3 Incl MF_FX 4Banks 1.0.2.zip

v0.2 now available -- all feedback welcome. After actually using this in practice for awhile, I've re-thought how the effects should work. I developed a structure to support 8 pages of effects, 4 buttons each. Next revision will start to fill out the effects pages.

--------------------------------------------
    v0.2

* Removed the ability to delete hot cues (from Deck A or B) when in Sample Deck mode. Since Shift is being used to stop the playing sample, there was too much chance to accidentally delete hot cues. You can still shift+delete hot cues in Deck A or Deck B mode.

* Created 8 pages for effects: selectable by the bottom 8 buttons when Deck A, B and Sample 1&2 modes are OFF. Effects are activated from the top 4 buttons.

* Top row LEDs no indicate the select effects page versus if an effect is on or off. This was confusing anyways since setting effects on the S4 directly would light the LEDs on the MF.

v0.1

* Initial release

--------------------------------------------

Hello All,

I'm happy to share a new Midi-Fighter mapping to compliment the S4. Consider it a v0.1 release.

Objective: Map the Midi-Fighter to improve on where the S4 can be a bit clunky. Namely: hot cues, sample triggering and effects loading. Since I wasn't exactly sure how I (or you) would use the MF in combination with the S4, I tried to make it as flexible as possible. Additionally, to avoid the deck focus confusion that seems to be exhibited by TPS4 mappings, I wanted an easy way to move between decks. Finally, since the current S4 version doesn't handle 4 effects panels well (i.e. loosing the ability to assign FX1 and 2 to a single deck), I've implemented all the effects in FX1 and FX2.

I'd appreciate any feedback, bugs or feature requests. There's only a handful of effects loaded in (suggestions welcome), and there's plenty of space (i.e. when all the deck and sample deck selectors are off) to add new features.
    Last edited by photojojo; 06-01-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Tech Wizard

I just tested it out, and yeah it's great so far!

No diss to the current traktor midi-fighter mappings, but on the s4 they just don't cut it.
    I was waiting for something like this.

I think it would be sick if you could fill that effect's page out.
    Maybe even making shift + fx pg1 = fx pg 2, wooooooo more effects.

I would like to see 4 buttons for gater at rising values, same for beat-masher.
    You really could do that with a few effects and I would love you forever, like two more on that "fx pg 2" I was talking about.

Other than more effects, FUCKING FANTASTIC!!!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I'll try this out later. What do the green buttons represent?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I'll try this out later. What do the green buttons represent?
    The green buttons in the map image indicate that button is activated. I struggled a bit to represent everything in the image, but it should be pretty straight forward when you test it out.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Razehell View Post
    I think it would be sick if you could fill that effect's page out.
    Maybe even making shift + fx pg1 = fx pg 2, wooooooo more effects.
    Already planning that for the next release!

Quote Originally Posted by Razehell View Post
    I would like to see 4 buttons for gater at rising values, same for beat-masher.
    You really could do that with a few effects and I would love you forever, like two more on that "fx pg 2" I was talking about.

Other than more effects, FUCKING FANTASTIC!!!
    The mapping definitely needs lots more effects. I've only actually been playing with it for an hour or so, and will start to fill them out!

Tech Wizard

DJTT are working on one aswel, This one is class though, fair play to ya!

Tech Wizard

Bump for v0.2 release

Tech Wizard

You are the effing MAN!

Tech Wizard

any news on a news on a new version?

Tech Wizard

Been tied up at work this week, but I should have a new version soon. I've been collecting ideas for filter combos and will implement soon.

Should be good stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast