Traktor extra notes issue - halp :*(
    Tech Student

Default Traktor extra notes issue - halp :*(

Hey all!

Whenever I try to monitor/cue on DeckB, it also unexpectedly activates Hotcue 6. I've checked my mapping several times, but even with nothing mapped to Set/Store Hotcue 6, the issue persists
    I had a similar problem with Play/Pause for Deck A, it would activate effect bank 3 on my currently focused Deck...Fixed that issue by adding an extra input mapping to *de*activate bank3 whenever PlayPause is pressed...which I shouldn't have to do, but at least i can jam now.

Anyone have any experience with this "ghost" [note? MIDI event? terminology, i dont know]?

CURRENT SETUP:

-xSession Pro: personally mapped; simply for EQ, xfader, vol, filter, play/pause, and monitor cueing.
    -MIDI Fighter: standard mapping, or w/e the first mapping was that Ean posted; some effects, mostly hotcues.
    -TraktorPro on MacBookPro15, inquire if you need more specs.

NOTE: even with the MF out of the picture, not plugged in, unmapped, my xsession STILL has the "extra note" issue whenever I try to Monitor.

Ideas?
    Comments?
    thanks for reading, and for your help, peeps

-jdizzle

Try my answer from here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26901

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    are you using midi? If you have a midi controller set to 'all ports' on its in and out settings then you can get cross messages giving unwanted behaviour. If so, set the in/out on the midi map for your controller to the device, rather than all ports.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

thanks for the help!

tried what you suggested, and it seemed to work - after a little more playing with it, though, I find that these glitches only happen when DeckB is focused....lol, i feel like I'm so close!

gonna have lunch, regroup, then come back to it.
    thanks again, though

anyone else experience this issue?

*PS: to answer your^ question, yes, I am using USB-MIDI controllers *

yeh I got that lol just a direct copy from the other thread.

Are you using an A/B focus MF mapping? ie one that can be used on 2 or more decks? If so, make sure you don't change deck focus with anything other than the MF, cos that fucks things up for some reason.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES