Traktor S4 (copy) build log - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

When i read the original post i was thinking yo man just buy an s4 but since you have the parts already i can see your logic in building your own
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    Yup, but it means I would have to buy some. I've also looked at the Denon ones too.

Most of the parts I need I have lying around doing nothing (EKS, X Session, Faders, Pots, encoders). All stuff from previous builds. In reality building this will cot me about £100 -£150.

Hopefully.
    Ah okee, coolness!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I agree for what you're doing a cheap router will work. I would spend a little extra to get some good bits for the router though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

So I bought this mixer for £21, stripped it out and I now have the base for the mixer part of the build. I was going to make it from scratch, but this was a bargain not to be missed.

I've de-soldered everything I can off the pcb, but the pots and faders are 100k so I won't be able to use them. The cue buttons look like I will be able to utilise them in some way and the square 'punch' buttons have been rounded so I can put mini arcade buttons in to.

One bonus was all the pots came with soft touch knobs, and the x-fader from the X-Session fits in to the old slot too.

Round the back I have stripped out the phono's and balanced outputs. I've got an idea for putting the joypad 'analogue on' switches here, so I can switch the analogues when they are powered up. I will probably put in an led indicator there too.
    I've also put the usb extension cables in to the old balanced output holes, they fit perfectly.

Obviously the layout will have to change a little, but it was always going to. I'll post a few photo's when I get the chance.

Almost scrapped the whole idea now, even though I definitely think it's possible to do. The reason? Well, I've thought things through and it will be easier for me to build some other kind of hybrid.

Need any clues?

After re-reading that post, I must say that I'm not giving up on the controller, just the idea of building an S4 clone. I want to build something different to it now. Something I've not seen anyone do before.

Wow... going for a 4D S4 hybrid?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Wow... going for a 4D S4 hybrid?
    With arcade buttons and a little bit of a Pioneer layout too.

Dayumn!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast