Traktor Pro is locking up - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

same problem here...when using traktor with VCI-100SE and using the FX/Juggle effects traktor kind of stalls with the sound all messed up!
    I'm using a new Audio 8 (NI) with power adapter, never had any problems besides this one...

I also have experienced the same problems on 2 of my PC's
    has no relation to audio card used.

Traktor Pro Lastest Ver.
    VCI-100 with 1.3 firmware (SE upgeaded)
    Desktop: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Windsor 2.6GHz / 3Gb RAM / Windows XP Professional SP3 32 Bit
    M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Laptop: Dell Latitude D600 1.8 Ghz /2gb Ram/ Windows XP Professional SP3 32 Bit / M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Had same results with usb powered or externally powered Traktor goes back to a responding program as soon as the VCI-100 is removed from usb.

looks to be somewhat random but usually when i am using the fader FX and the wheels and faders.

Hope this helps.

So how many people are running traktor pro with a VCI-100 under windows xp or vista and NOT getting random freeze ups ?

If you are one of these people, could you please post the model of your PC/Laptop and what other programs you run in the background (including anti-virus).

I can't believe that it happens on two totally different machines I have, with different operating systems (xp & vista). Tonight I wondered if it was my anti-virus causing it (its the only common thing between the two machines), but disabling that didnt help either.

So please, if traktor and your VCI works for you under windows, with no lock ups, please let us know!
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Just upgraded to the VCI-100SE/1.3 FW/2_3 TSI and have had absolutely no problems in the last few hours mixing.
    http://dj.wondershock.com
    VCI-100 SE V3/Axiom 25 MkII/Traktor Pro/Macbook Pro 15" 4GB Quadcore
    Focusrite Saffire 6/Pioneer HDJ-2000

If you read the thread you would notice this only affects windows users.. I see from your signature that you are on a macbook
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Not to be contrary, but if you read the thread you'd see by post back there. I usually mix on a Windows XP machine. The result I posted was from that machine.

Have you tried the crash midi file to see if you can get your VCI to lock up ?

If not, I'd really be interested in the specs of your machine, and what other programs you have running whilst using traktor (such as anti-virus)
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Running Symantec Endpoint anti-virus.

I'll try the crash midi file next chance I get.

Have 2 gigs of RAM, a 4400+ AMD dual core, and I'm running off a Fast Track Pro (with an m-Audio Revolution inside the computer that I don't use for this).

Tech Mentor

Default I can reproduce the lockup

Hi guys, I have been having this problem since using effects and midi output with traktor:
    • If I use a beat masher long enough (sometimes very quick) Traktor will freeze
      with a high pitch tone.

• I then unplug the vci - the audio returns to normal (the track advanced during the high pitch tone) and when plugging the vci back I can continue to use the VCI.

• To reproduce the problem all I have to do is use fader fx mode with a beat masher or chained with a beat masher (has not occured with other effects - haven't taken the time to test it though)

I posted this problem before and someone gave me the tip not to use the midiout to the vci - meaning the buttons and lights will not give you feedback about their status.
    The problem has never happened without using midi out but I also haven't really tested it.

What I can say for sure.
    • I can have Traktor Pro freeze up in under five Minutes using the beatmasher in fader fx mode with midi out configured.

• This on two different PCs.
    • Otherwise no problems with any Music Software or devices.

• Both installations are "stripped" XP installations with about every unneeded service and hardware option disabled or deinstalled (e.g. no bluetooth, wireless, pcmcia, finer scanner etc.).

• Setup in Signature.

Guys having the problem could try to reproduce the freeze like I described and then try it with the vci not beiing configured as midi out device in the midi section of traktor. Post the results.

Peace
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

I've been having this freezing problem ever since I first installed Traktor pro.

I run traktor pro 1.3, I have the latest vci-100 firmware, and i use a conservative latency with my echo indigo dj soundcard.

My freezing seems to be sort of random but generally occurs when I press the small deck fx buttons on the vci or am doing a slightly complicated maneuver, pressing several buttons at once.

Any quick fixes i should know of?
    VCI-100 SE, Echo Indigo DJ, Technics RP-DH1200, Traktor Pro 1.1.2

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast